Anyone running the Savage XS Flux

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lazy Bushman

RCTalk Qualifier
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
I've been looking at the Savage XS Flux and it looks like a fun little RC. Anyone have any experience with them?

I've been looking at the Savage XS Flux and it looks like a fun little RC. Anyone have any experience with them?
This is what I have heard about it. It is insanely overpowered but is built to withstand that power. Jang described it as a little bundle of insanity.

A more recent review from Vas

Last edited:
I was really close to getting this until I saw one in person at my lhs and the guys were talkign about what a pain in the ass it is to work on it since you have a lot of things getting in the way. It's also smaller than the Stampede/Granite so it won't be able to get over things in my back yard with the same ease.

The savage is an old hpi truck in design so it shouldn’t disappoint. I’ve had the bigger version and it was a complete blast.

I don’t have an XS heard they are fun but a pain to work on. I have the XL flux and it’s a blast, it’s f***ing crazy on 6s.

Attachments

• 4BBD8B45-52C5-4F5D-B5FB-27E4C127E4A1.jpeg
    4BBD8B45-52C5-4F5D-B5FB-27E4C127E4A1.jpeg
    473.8 KB · Views: 90
I don’t have an XS heard they are fun but a pain to work on. I have the XL flux and it’s a blast, it’s f***ing crazy on 6s.
What system are you running? Mine had the blur. Never have I ever felt a system as brutal as the blur/MMM.

What system are you running? Mine had the blur. Never have I ever felt a system as brutal as the blur/MMM.
It’s running the Savage Flux ELH-6S and the 2200kv motor. I think it’s basically the same system but waterproof. I got it off the classifieds a few months ago for pretty good deal. Always had nitro cars before this and I don’t think I’ll ever go back to nitro:) sold my Savage X and Now my addiction kicked in and I had to get myself Notorious!

Attachments

• F3C94FE6-EFB7-498B-8500-C5BE3A974DCA.jpeg
    F3C94FE6-EFB7-498B-8500-C5BE3A974DCA.jpeg
    275.3 KB · Views: 95
It’s running the Savage Flux ELH-6S and the 2200kv motor. I think it’s basically the same system but waterproof. I got it off the classifieds a few months ago for pretty good deal. Always had nitro cars before this and I don’t think I’ll ever go back to nitro:) sold my Savage X and Now my addiction kicked in and I had to get myself Notorious!
Ah so you’re running the newer hobbywing 6s system. It’s no castle (Blur or ELC 6S) but it’s still no slouch. It’s just crazy that that platform has lived so long it’s gone through 3 generations of esc’s.

I had one and it was a blast. Moved to 1/8 Scale and called it a day. I actually gave it away with a battery, charger, tools and wheels to a kid who had never had an RC.