Anyone race 1:1 cars? Drag, Autox, Track

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HumboldtBlazer

RCTalk VIP
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
I am not one for street racing and think it is stupid. I do all my racing on the tracks. This season was my first season racing drag and Autox. I started out with a '03 Nissan Sentra Spec V and modified it. I ended up trading it in mid way thorugh the season and went AWD with my '05 Subaru STi. I just love it. Racing is such a rush. I can't wait to get out to Thunder Hill or Infinion for a track day. I have never done a track yet. My fastest in the quarter mile is 13.6 (remember I have to run 91 piss out here in Cali). I know I can get like a 13.2 just got to keep working at it. I am getting a lot faster and not bogging the lauch anymore. Going from N/A FWD to turbo AWD is night and day how you start out. I like Autox as it gets you skilled on how to handle your car, but I really want to get out of second gear more :thumbsup:

I ran 11.3 @121mph . I can't beat that right now :shrug: I drive a 92 eagle talon awd turbo.

I run at english town NJ. I only ran once all season though. fiddlesticking RC's took my attention all summer.

I am not into autox. Strictly a drag racer.

As you know my old nieghbor has a WRX STi, and with it lowered a bit, and after market rims wrapped it Nitto 555's he said he dipped into the 12.90's. Good luck!

Hypedonrc said:
As you know my old nieghbor has a WRX STi, and with it lowered a bit, and after market rims wrapped it Nitto 555's he said he dipped into the 12.90's. Good luck!

He wasn't running on Cali 91 octane. That is all we can get here. I think you guys get 96 in Ohio and it has no where near as many additives to clean and burn slow. I would be happy if we got Arizona 91.

The highest pump gas is Sonoco 94, but you can also put octain booster from any parts store that say it will raise is 4 Oct. The also sell a veriety of race fuels such as Tubo Blue, or Cam2 that is up to 114 Oct.

I used to race Mud Drags with my Blazer and my buddy's Blazer. That was a blast

Um, i'm gonna run my bike on a track day this weekend, first time ever. But it's only an introduction class which is two 20 minute sessions for free. Too bad I don't have the money for a full track day, that'll be for next year.

Anyhoo HB, if you like autox, you'll love track days. Autox is fun, but I agree, it's nice to be able to run through the gears.

I wish I had moe track time this year. The season is nearly over and I've only been out 2 times. I've been so busy with work and other stuff that I just haven't had the time. I'm looking forward to getting a day off next Tuesday so I can go up for the test and tune and hopefully get a few runs in with my Talon before they close for the winter. I'm going to finish lowering it in the morning. I just added some Ground Control coilovers and KYB AGX's to my ride. I'm trying to get my 60' times down to the 1.5 sec range so hopefully the suspension will help with that. I've done it with the stock suspension but not consistently. Drag racing is so much fun!!! A few seconds seem like a liftime when your running and all the while your adrenaline is going crazy!

I used to do alot of street racing before the fast and furious craze. It was pretty well organized though. I was also one of the youngest dudes out there actually which was pretty cool. I had my s-10 with a built 350 in it. I did the 1/4 track a couple times and got into the low 12's but that was on pump gas and street tires, so with some slicks and race fuel I'm sure I could have got into the mid 11's. Since this fast and furious crap came out, I dont do it anymore. To many stupid kids with crappy cars running, and I dont get as many pulls as I used to.

Sti's are nice but you would have been way better off with a evo.

4u2nv said:
To many stupid kids with crappy cars running, and I dont get as many pulls as I used to.

That really piss's me off!!! At my track we have idiots running anything from stock Geo's to there mom's mini van! One night there was this girl that actually stopped at the end of the track and turned around!!! It's frustrating for the rest of us to say the least. We actually want to run and want to imprve our times and practise our launch's and when some ass in a 28 second Geo takes 4 pass's in one night if just wastes everyone elses run time.

Rex2342 said:
That really piss's me off!!! At my track we have idiots running anything from stock Geo's to there mom's mini van! One night there was this girl that actually stopped at the end of the track and turned around!!! It's frustrating for the rest of us to say the least. We actually want to run and want to imprve our times and practise our launch's and when some ass in a 28 second Geo takes 4 pass's in one night if just wastes everyone elses run time.
Yeah it pisses me off so bad, I dont even do it anymore. Ill wait until the F&F faze goes thru. I used to get as many pulls as I wanted to in a night at the track. Now I'm lucky if I would get two, but Id have to sit and wait for hours and hours to do that. Just aint worth it to me.

Drag race..

11.10 @ 121

pics from last year

Malibu-060704b.jpg

Malibu-04.jpg

Gotta love those front tires in the air like that!!! I'm prob totally off, but is that a regal?

vbgagnon said:
Gotta love those front tires in the air like that!!! I'm prob totally off, but is that a regal?

It's a fun ride..

It's a Malibu. bascially the same thing but with different sheetmetal.

My buddy is building a Malibu over the winter. Last year be build a turd gen camaro(sorry I hate that body style). The camaro was kinda slow at the track. It ran a nice 15.3@ 101 MPH lol. He had some serious traction issues and was spinning through 3 third gear and bending suspension parts everytime he ran. A few years ago be built a sick ass Nova! He never got it to the track but he launched on the street one day and twisted the frame! It was bent so bad he couldn't open the doors lol!
I've much respect for anything fast at the track. I've seen everything from from 9second Chargers to 12second Dodge mini vans(2.2 turbo!) and they are all fun to watch. One day I want to build a Chevelle but for right now I'll stick with 20MPG turbo 4 cylinder.

I want one of those old mini coopers w/ the swift gt 1.8t engine in it....super sleeper streetcar.....FWD and it hooks up like the ugly chicks after happy hour

Plaid, that is my dream car! Sounds stupid, but I just love their stance and look! I will have one at one point in my life!

My dream car...Ariel Atom. 1000lbs with a 300bhp supercharged honda type r engine. Same performance (if not better) as an Ferrari Enzo, but at a fraction of the price ($50-60k). 0-100-0 in 10.88 seconds. 0-100 in 6.8 seconds, 0-60 in 2.91 seconds.

sideon2.jpg

Last edited:
Back