anyone own a traxxas gas buggy?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tsiap

RCTalk Basher
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
just curious because i didn't find much info on that buggy

Yeah we've all said the same thing. Traxxas has been listing that they make them for years, but I never see anyone that has one or anyone thats selling them, so I don't know what the deal it. This seems to be a big mystery.

However, if you want to buy a really nice gas buggy, stay away from traxxas and get an HPI Baja 5B SS. There's nothing else on this planet quite like it. It's as far as way from nitro as a buggy can get, and I mean that in a very good way. There's no tuning, almost an hour of runtime on a tank of gas, the gas is only $4 a gallon, and that will last forever just about. It's durable, I've bashed this thing harder than I've ever bashed another rig, and have yet to break anything serious. So far I've broken a $3 rod end, and that's it. I've been bashing it for about five months. The quality and caftsmanship is truly unmatched.

Here's my build thread:
https://www.rcnitrotalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=55578

yeah, i'ved heard alot of good thing about the baja, i would get the SS kit for sure because of the 26cc in it. But its almost a 1000$, and you don't have the "controler" and the servo for the brake gas......so more extra money, i know that you get what you pay for...but i'm not really ready for that right now

maybe in a couple of years lol...

by the way i know that everyone want louder pipe on the baja, is there a pipe that reduce the sound? just a little bit?

if you do get traxxas try to make most of the car metal the plastic on there is way to soft