Anyone own a Revo 2.5 and 3.3?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vwdave

RCTalk Racer
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
Looking to find out how much wider a 3.3 is over the 2.5. Wondering if the expense is worth it, already going longer. Would my wheels from my 2.5 work with the 3.3. Saw something about Revo splined wheels.

Mine are the same width. I have one of each. But now that I think about it my 2.5 has the Techno conversion so not really how accurate it would be.

Difference in the two is length. 3.3 is longer in front of chassis. You can get 17mm hub adaptors that have a 1/4 inch offset as well as buy wheels with offset in order to change the width of the stance but the chassis width stays same.

All I've been able to find this far is 12mm and 18mm extensions, and not sure if I can use my stock rims with them

They're all the same width, except for the latest version of the 5309 model. That one has 1/2" offset 'geode' wheels on it. I also had both 2.5 and 3.3, but I've scrapped the 2.5 chassis in favor of a 3.3 chassis.

12 and 18mm extensions would put a lot of extra strain on your bearings. I'd suggest getting RPM hubs (tru-track on the rear is nice) so you can run larger bearings if you go that route. 12mm is almost 1/2 inch, so would be similar to running the wider geodes.

I wouldn't say a lot of extra strain on the bearings, but running extensions will shorten their life slightly.....they will make it easier to break things when you crash though. I would use wheels to add offset instead of any spacer.

Back