Anyone notice the OS 18 is under $100?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
for the T-maxx owners if it coiuld be put in a maxx id do that insted of spending 210$ on a direct drop in. Would it fit with a little tweeking?

that's a pretty awesome price $92.99

Actually, that will fit in a Maxx pretty easily. The only thing you'd have to do is to cut the crank and that's not a difficult thing if you have a Dremel. The crankcase is the same size as their .15 and .12 I believe so it will fit in a Maxx without any hassle....

Man if i owned a Maxx i would get that insted fof the new dorpin for the max your saving 110$. For those who know i had a maxx and am in the process of sell ing it to Retarted Pilot going to ship it tommorow. Great find Olds97 lss

would the .18 cvrx have crazy power over the stock 2.5?

HELL YES!!!!!!
nuff said

but the red headed fantoms are still the best
you can run them over 400* NO SHIIT!!!! they don't even strt to get good until 340* I would still have my max if I could get those engines but I guess when someone figures out their product is too good they have to change it so it's more disposable.....

O.S. may be trying to promote their new .18TZ so they're trying to get the last of the old 18's sold

i agree with Pladfish B/F i was going to sell my maxx i was going to put a Fantom.18 in it, great price and bigger engine. It even comes with AF, and Header. Sounds good to me.

fisherman said:
for the T-maxx owners if it coiuld be put in a maxx id do that insted of spending 210$ on a direct drop in. Would it fit with a little tweeking?

You would need a clutch adapter nut and a header/exhaust. The slide carb one would be better suited for the 2.5 maxx throttle linkage. The rotary carb one would be better suited for the old 15 maxx.

O i didnt notice it was a rotery carb, MB still grat price.

i think so cuz when i looked on their site at the page that described the engine you showed a link to it said copy right 2004. So Probably yes I'm guessing, not sure either

Ho ho HO
mEERRYYYY CHRIstMAs
If you were a good little boy
Maybe Santa Will bring you one
I sat on Santa's lap at the mall and begged for one
but all i got was his helpers to spank me and tell me how BAD
I WAS....Oh well NO engine this year.....

Is it a rear exhaust? Looks like a side. Anyone else know about running a fantom at 400, this sounds a little odd and wrong/stupid.

not 400 but th ebreak in says you should get it up to abut 320, sounds wrong but thats their method so sounds good to me.

I didn't believe it either, one of the guys at my LHS ran a main at 420* (YES 420 DEGREES) and it never faded. He placed 2nd....I went the next day to get mine....he still runs that same fantom 8 months later and it's never needed a rebuild....I sold mine stupidly thinking I'd get another one...the silver headed ones came in and were NOT THE SAME....they are in the same temp range as everyone else 220 - 260.....so if you get a fantom .18 w/ the RED HEAD ONLY....keep it cause they are gold......

So PIERow go flame your engine up your arse.......stupid is a very strong hateful word to use........I am anything but....

I don't think you could say the OS would have "crazy power" over the 2.5. I'm not a 2.5 fan by no-means, matter of fact I don't like anything Traxxas has to offer. But the 2.5 is pretty mean. Lots of RPMs. Sounds extremely pissed off. I just got my ass dusted by a 4trac with a 2.5 and I'm not happy about it. I think the 2.5 is a grenade with a short life expectancy but when it's well, it's hell.

trx2.5's are the most overrated engines ever. And you know what? OS is known for significantly underrating their engine. If it was an OS 18 4tec vs. a stock 2.5 4tec, my money is on the OS

As for my car, my ntc3 would smoke a 4tec without even trying