Anyone know what this part is?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

minmax89

RCTalk Basher
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
Hey lads,

It's from the rear bulkhead/diff area.
TRX-5329Partpiece.png
']
TRX-5329Partpiece.png
[/URL]

It's just that small piece in the middle and its missing. I can only seem to get it though if I buy the rear bulkhead kit

What's it for and do I realy need it?

that part holds the ez start harness in place , if you arnt running it you don't need that part.

Brill. Won't be using it then!

Thanks for that!

I am pretty certain that little part also supports the diff too. It keeps the pinion shaft lined up with the center drive shaft.

I am pretty certain that little part also supports the diff too. It keeps the pinion shaft lined up with the center drive shaft.

Oh really? Right ok. I got this as a roller that clearly has been used without this part. Not sure to what success though! I have to get the whole rear bulkhead (which isn't needed) so was hoping this part wasn't needed

There should be 2 of those clips to hold the harness in place I'm sure there is a clip that locates the difference in place that clips in underneath

There should be 2 of those clips to hold the harness in place I'm sure there is a clip that locates the difference in place that clips in underneath

Right. That clip (that I'm missing) comes with the bulkhead kit so it makes sense that it's to do with holding the diff in place or something.

Can anyone confirm what it exactly does??

It's to control the torque action of the pinion snout. It comes in all the revo rear bulkhead kits. It's not used on the erevo because that piece is molded into the plastic chassis but on the nitro revo it's needed because the aluminum chassis plate does have it. You clp the peice in from the bottom. The ezstart wire clips come in from the top. You do want to make sure it's there otherwise the pinion might rotate up on power and break something.

It's to control the torque action of the pinion snout. It comes in all the revo rear bulkhead kits. It's not used on the erevo because that piece is molded into the plastic chassis but on the nitro revo it's needed because the aluminum chassis plate does have it. You clp the peice in from the bottom. The ezstart wire clips come in from the top. You do want to make sure it's there otherwise the pinion might rotate up on power and break something.

Brilliant! Thanks for that. I'll order the bulkhead kit with it in then so!
I might need someone's help in installing it. Is it tricky?

ok lets be a bit more clearer ,the piece that was pictured is one of the clip to hold the ez start harness in ,there are 2 of them which clip into the top of the chassis ,very easy to remove/install. there is a 3rd clip which locates the diff in place ,that clips from the bottom ,you need that one no doubt if you don't have it ,it will need to be purchased.
once you get said clip it is very easy to install ,have you checked the front one also?

ok lets be a bit more clearer ,the piece that was pictured is one of the clip to hold the ez start harness in ,there are 2 of them which clip into the top of the chassis ,very easy to remove/install. there is a 3rd clip which locates the diff in place ,that clips from the bottom ,you need that one no doubt if you don't have it ,it will need to be purchased.
once you get said clip it is very easy to install ,have you checked the front one also?

Hmm... I obviously got that pic from the rear exploded view. In the full picture I don't see any second or third clip anywhere. Any chance you have a pic of what you mean?

And no, I haven't got to the front yet. I'm going through the truck stripping and clean as I go and making a note of everything I need first.

D'ya know what, Chickenman, after I posted, I realised exactly what you meant. The couple of clips that hold wiring harness (that go in the square holes on chassis) are missing too.
The other clip is deffo what I'm missing.

It'll be added to the list and when I get to the front diff, I hope it ain't missing cos that's another bulkhead kit for just the clip!

On another note (and regarding those clips that go in the chassis) why in all the images of Revos is the fuel line front tank to carb seemingly extra long and coiled up? There a reason for that?

CM is talking about #5317, there's 3 of them that pop into the top of the chassis.

The diff stop that comes with the bulkhead set is there to keep the diff planted into the bulkhead and prevents it from rising up, it gets installed up into the underside of the chassis before the bulkhead gets bolted on.

You can get them in the plastic sets on eBay for cheap.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Traxxas-Sla...Control_Parts_Accessories&hash=item5d4bcc3bb2

the extra ful line is meant to give extra run time and also help keep it running for a few secs more when you flip it,i find it a bit annoying and usually make it a lot shorter

Back