Anyone know what size this is?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Demonimp

RC Newbie
Reaction score
Hi guys bought a job lot of stuff off sleazebay and this was in there any ideas what it might be so I can recon it and put it in my truck tia

Attachments

• 20181117_165908.jpg
    20181117_165908.jpg
    271.2 KB · Views: 117
  • 20181117_165918.jpg
    20181117_165918.jpg
    249 KB · Views: 101
  • 20181117_165927.jpg
    20181117_165927.jpg
    252.1 KB · Views: 104
This one that I have is a 25 ,yours seem to have a taller head an has the black block ,not sure if that makes
a difference of what size it could be ,but yours may very well be the 4.6 /28 version!....:cool:

Thanks for the info this came with a job lot I also have a smaller engine that I think may be a .21 as its tiny in comparison to this and it's also in bits I think I will be using the stock carb I have about 3 in this lot but one the hsn has been cross threaded in it so I'm thinking of a solution for that
Thanks again

Thanks for the info this came with a job lot I also have a smaller engine that I think may be a .21 as its tiny in comparison to this and it's also in bits I think I will be using the stock carb I have about 3 in this lot but one the hsn has been cross threaded in it so I'm thinking of a solution for that
Thanks again

I have carb. parts if you live in the U.S. ,free!...:cool:

I'm in blighty, north Wales but originally from London been here 20 yrs now lol

I'm in blighty, north Wales but originally from London been here 20 yrs now lol

Oh ,well I'm sure folks there an here send each others letters ,a needle assembly should fit in an envelope ,but
then again ,a needle assembly shouldn't be that expensive to buy new if you can find a store that carries it!

It's not the brass assembly that has the issue the female part on the carb itself has been stripped of all thread so I'm just wondering how to pull the carb apart and maybe use some chemical metal on it but it's no big issue tbh

It's not the brass assembly that has the issue the female part on the carb itself has been stripped of all thread so I'm just wondering how to pull the carb apart and maybe use some chemical metal on it but it's no big issue tbh

Oh ,well ,sense the carb is already messed up ,I don't see why you can't just smear a little JB weld or 5 min. apoxy on
it to make it work ,but I would let either one to set up for 24 hrs sense it is turned on & fuel related ,JB weld is better
when it comes to that ,I once repaired a gas tank that had a pin hole in it while the gas was dripping out ,it sealed it
an was cured the next day!...LOL

Thanks again

Odds are, one is a small block (smaller than a 21) and one is a big block. A typical .21-.32 nitro engine has the same footprint/bolting pattern.

Sure, there are variations and exceptions to the rule, but typically, .21-.32 is a "big block" and .10-.20 is a "small block". They differ in size between the mounting flanges and from the back of the crank case to the front, so they won't fit in the same engine mount.

Small block vs big block:
2005-0730-Omega21byOS18cvr.jpg

The top one is a big block .21ci, the bottom is a small block .18ci.

Just to make it interesting, there's also a "mid-block", which is a big block bore/volume in a small block crank case to fit a big block into a small block engine mount:
2015-1019-TRX33_OS18TM_OS21TM_002.jpg

That's a Traxxas 3.3 (.20ci), OS21TM (.21ci) and OS.18TM (.18ci). They all fit in the small block engine mount/vehicle without modifying anything. The middle one would be considered the most "mid block" of the three. The right one is a small block. The first one is iffy. LOL!

Sorry... prattled on a bit.

Back