anyone know were to get hyper 8-port head shims?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

alkyula

RCTalk Addict
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
I've looked all over the online shops i know of and can't find a place that has head shims for hyper 8-port engines. can anyone give me a link? thx.

check it out, I just pulled a shim out of another .21 engine that i had lying around and it worked beautifully. I think that you can go to your lhs and pick up head shims as long as they are for a .21 . Remember that they have different thicknesses though so maybe call ofna and ask what size they use, I think that it is like .10 inch thick, but i can't be for sure. Oh by the way ofna's phone # is 949-586-2910. They got goofy hrs. like from 9-11:30 and 1-4:30, that is when the techs are in. Another thing, I have the 8 port, and now it has a worn sleve and piston; they told me they would rebuild it for $50!!! New piston/sleeve/connecting rod/wrist pin, and g-clips, put it all back together and send it home. Plus the $50 includes the return shipping. So if any one has this dillema, where it cost like $100 to just buy the piston and sleve, then this is food for thought. Just thought i would share. so what's the deal? why do you need another shim? going with 30%? or just replacing ?

thx man for the info....yeah i was thinking that a head shim for most any .21 would be close to the same size. yeah I'm switching to 30% on all my r/c's..so far my wasp .26 and OS .21 RG love it, with no changes whatso ever except for the needle settings. my S-25 and hyper 8-port run ok on 30%, but it seems I'm running a little hot even though the engines act like there rich. think i need to lower compression.

that's true, I run 30% on my wasp .26, It loves it, but the hyper didn't w/o the extra shim. Here's the thing though, as I mentioned before, I am sending my engine in for rebuilding. Now I'm not sure why the premature wear, since the mill had less then a gallon threw it. I am not sure if sand got in there or if it is from the 30%??? If i have to add a shim, then doesn't that mean that the engine is not designed for that??? Well enough said, I am switching down to 25% Trinity Monster Horsepower just for S&G's.