Anyone know of any traxxas 3.3 connecting rod upgrades

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Animeweeb

RCTalk Basher
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
  3. Scale Builder
hey guys i was thinking about getting a T maxx 3.3 but i heard lots of people said that the connecting rod is very weak for the 3.3 engines if you guys know of any upgrades please tell em

I believe davis diesel.
I'm having trouble locating his site now. He did alot of work on the 3.3. He also does whats called diesel conversion. Not really diesel fuel but not exactly nitro if I recall. The 3.3 conrod is for nitro use.

Just found out hes a few counties away from me too.

Last edited:
I believe davis diesel.
I'm having trouble locating his site now. He did alot of work on the 3.3. He also does whats called diesel conversion. Not really diesel fuel but not exactly nitro if I recall. The 3.3 conrod is for nitro use.
oh I found out what happend it's posted on his facebook

Wow. Just sometime I was looking at his parts wanting to convert.
hey do you know if the O.S .21 connecting rod would fit on the 3.3 or the dynamite .19 connecting rod because they both are direct fits into the T maxx

The only way to be sure is to measure both conrods. Length, eye to eye, and thickness of the part that goes in the piston. After those, you have to worry about oil flow. I'm certain I read the groves on nitro piston is an oil guide.

If it were me, Id replace the conrod every gallon or two if too worried. The old one may be able to resale.

Trx2.5
Trx2.5r
Trx3.3
Hpi t15
Old hpi .15 is the motors I have experience with, one day Ill will buy a couple o.s.