Anyone have Pictures of throttle return spring on maxx?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

x_789

Gone - bye bye.
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
Anyone have Pictures of throttle return spring on maxx? I dont have one wanted to see some pics of other peoples for ideas Thanks X

Don't have any pics but can tell you what I did if your interested

This is for a rotary carb......

If your carb has not been flipped, you need to do that first, rotate the carb 180 degrees so the low end needle is on the left side if you are facing the front of the truck

I don't have the part number handy but I use the Team Losi throttle return spring kit, it comes with spring and a tab with two holes in it.

Take a screw out of the top left corner of the tranny, put the tab on, put the screw back in. Attach one end of the spring to the other hole in the tab and then attach the other end of the spring to the other hole in your throttle arm.

set up your throttle and brake linkages and your done. Be sure and test to make sure spring will close throttle.

Thanks for the info FT I think i have the tl parts you are talking about laying around I will give that a shot

DSC00732.gif

Here you go X. I used two springs to overcome the throttle servo (I needed them). I use on eyelet to secure the springs to the forward edge of the tranny case. I use another eyelet to secure the springs to the throtte arm. I use a quick release rod end for my throttle arm, so the eyelet is held on by the pin from the rod end. Works like a charm. You can accomplish similar results whether you flip your carb or not...it is just easier to rig with the carb flip mod. Hope this helps as much as FLATTOP's accurate description.

BTW the metal wire you see near the leading edge of the tranny has nothing to do with the throttle return spring. It is there to help keep the throttle rod lined up with the throttle arm. Less flex allowed this way.

Yeah I have fliped carb on both my rides anyway thanks for the info I shall do a mod like this when i put her back together later this week.

Originally posted by matts6887
Also, to get more info on the return spring setup, you can go to www.maxxpitstop.com and look under the tech help section of the site and there should be something on it when you scroll down the page.
Dear God what are you doing sending me to a site that Holmie adds content to. Man that is a serious offense bro.

LMAO, I was going to tell Matt that but I figured you would like to address him on that X

Apparently our answers on the subject are not sufficient to the task...to be blunt Matts go blow it out your...oh wait, I can't say that here.

Thanks for addressing the idiot for me X.

Matt, incase you don't know, there are a few of us who don't like HW and OQ and directing us to there site is like a slap in the face

Only a few, FLATTOP you are being stingy with your estimate. There are quite a bit more than a few of us who dislike those two. Although the information matts tried to point toward might be good information, I think he did not give us credit for answering the question to X's satisfaction...THAT is the true slap in the face. Because no matter how much I despise the OQ and her ***** HW, if the information found on any site is of value I am not necessarily going to shun that site...just the members like OQ and HW. If they are the source of that information, I learned a long time ago that they have their view on how things should work, and that view is usually misdirected.

Maybe that was a little stingy, let me rephrase that........ A WHOLE BOAT LOAD OF US.... :D

Will give this a try....
Like mentioned, I also used Holmie's write-up, although I didn't have to change the servo polarity. Fabbed up the cold air intake as well. Seems to work well.

Attachments

• throttle return.jpg
    throttle return.jpg
    29.1 KB · Views: 172
Back