Anyone have a Wankel?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TRAT

Hardcore RCTalk User
Rig of the Month Winner
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
  3. Crawling
  4. Scale Builder
  5. Flying
This is one thing I’m very interested in to learning and some day build a wankel drag car.. Even in real life if I ever find a deal on a rotary. I want to build one. So if anyone has one laying around or even a build let me know. Been doing research on these for quite some time.. Really want one in a bad way!! Even just pick someone’s brain on a build they have done.

All I can say as a lifelong mechanic, a rotary is not durable for poop but will put out serious power.
Worth it!
When the Puerto Ricans showed up in the US in I believe the late 70s they spanked everyone real good with some rotarys that seemed to rev like a sewing machine. I say do it.
If you want to see something different google "Suzuki re5" rotary bike.

All I can say as a lifelong mechanic, a rotary is not durable for poop but will put out serious power.
Worth it!
When the Puerto Ricans showed up in the US in I believe the late 70s they spanked everyone real good with some rotarys that seemed to rev like a sewing machine. I say do it.
If you want to see something different google "Suzuki re5" rotary bike.
Yes I do agree Rotary’s aren’t the best engines I mean they are cool but not reliable

Definitely would not be for reliability. Just make it scream or blow it up one or the other. Boost the hell out of it

Back