Anyone have a HiTec field programmer?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chrisexv6

RCTalk Talkaholic
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
I'm not cheap. OK, OK, maybe I'm frugal :)

But I was wondering if there was anyway for someone to program the failsafe position on a HiTec digital servo, without having the car/truck its attached to.

$160.00 seems pretty steep for something Id most likely only use once, just wondering if anyone would be interested in helping out, if its at all possible.

Thanks!!!!
-Chris

If you have a nice LHS I would take it to there to see if they have one that they will let you use. If the people at your LHS are assholes like mine then I would make friend with someone that has one at the track. If you don't have a LHS or track then I guess you're SOL. Sorry about your luck if the last one is your case.

Seems like I'm SOL (I havent been to a track, at least not yet, and our LHSs arent the most friendly people around).

I will ask around at the few LHSs we have, its a longshot but I suppose its possible.

One more question...............any idea if a programmed HiTec servo need to be used with a HiTec radio? Or can they be mixed and matched with other brands, and still function with a built in failsafe?

Thanks!!!
-Chris

If you are in Buffalo or are coming to the East Coast bash, I can do it for you. I have the HiTec programmer. Works good for Failsafe/endpoints/speed settings. Thats about it. Plus it will diagnose all servos and find problems if they exist.

Let me know.

I'm heading out of town tomorrow (off to Dallas) for 9 days.

I should be checking online though when I can.

Back