Anyone do FOC for a fee?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vwdave

RCTalk Racer
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
This tranny intimidates me, was wondering if anyone does this service for a fee?

Download the exploded view from the traxxas site its dead easy and the foc comes with instructions also

I do but i live in ga. Its really an easy do it yourself project. The tranny will come apart in two sections and the shafts and gearing will stay in place while you pull it apart. Just pay attention to where everything goes back as you pull it apart and follow FOC instructions. Dont be intimidated.

FOC is one of the simplest upgrades to do. When I did my first one I was like holy crap there's a lot of gears in there. Then I installed the FOC as was like holy crap theres not that many gears left in there. LOL:hehe:

agreed forward only conversion is simple all it is is splitting the case taking out the reverse gear and following directions its really simple

You'll never learn if your intimidated away from even trying

Done it, can't believe the amount of parts you take out. Now on to the center diff and rear brake.

Sent from my GT-P5113 using Tapatalk HD

Good for you. It's all part of the learning curve. To most of us the tear downs and rebuilds are one of the most enjoyable parts of the hobby.

Congrats on getting it done yourself!

^^^ +1 on that! Half the fun of this hobby is wrenching on them.

Sent from my XT907

+2 agreed i actually do everything to my own along with working on friends and doing work on local's for cheaper than they can have done at a hobby shop considering we dont even have a hobby shop in the town i live in

Back