anybody own an HPI MT or MT2 ??

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fast_Eddie_86

RCTalk Qualifier
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
just curious - i have an rs4 3 nitro car that i was thinking i may be able to convert to an MT fairly easily - basically just have a few questions about the suspension stuff... but first i wanted to see if anyone was running one first

I looked in to doing the conversion the other way around and it wound up being cheaper to just buy an RS4 roller and use the mill. The chasis and motor are the same and I believe the diffs are but everything else is a little different.

Yup. 2 MT's and 2 MT2's. You can pretty much switch your rs4 to an MT with 8 screws worth of work :)

Just replace the front & rear full assemblies with MT ones and you're good to go.

thanks guys,
charliejp - thanks i tried going that route but can't seem to find to many MT rollers around...

amoeba- just to clarify because id rather just get everything in one shot and get her together, clearly a-arms dog bones and shocks would have to get changed, will the diffs work? what else would definitely need to be changed?

Last edited:
thanks guys,
charliejp - thanks i tried going that route but can't seem to find to many MT rollers around...

amoeba- just to clarify because id rather just get everything in one shot and get her together, clearly a-arms dog bones and shocks would have to get changed, will the diffs work? what else would definitely need to be changed?

Towers. You can use the same diffs but I'd find it easier to just switch out full front & rear assemblies (8 screws and done). Unfortunately I no longer have my rs4 which I gave to my step-son in Hawaii so I'm going off memory as far as what else can be re-used between the models.

thanks a lot, greatly appreciated. trying to change as little as possible for now trying to make this an El Cheapo type project. well i guess ill see what happens

Back