Any Jato owners out there?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Draggo42684

RCTalk Basher
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
Just looking for other owners so I know who I can talk to about troubleshooting and hop ups for the Jato. :D

Same mine is bone stock.....crazy fast and a kick in the pants to drive. Same as Olds....something small and very quick. As far as troubleshooting goes....never had a problem with it so I would not know what to tell ya. You have a problem with yours?

I did til I called Traxxas, Got my motor running today and broke it in and damn it's insane. I beat the crap out of it and messed up the glow plug wire it looks very shredded up. I need to find some off road areas for my next round of bashing. I just like knowing who I can talk to about Jatos. I might have to replace the wire for the ez start system. Also I think I'll install the wheelie bar tonight to prevent it from flipping over so much.

Last edited:
Oh man you have to put that wheelie bar on there....a must for sure. I love mine it is crazy fast. You can always put heat shrink tubing on the grow wire....just a thought.

Yeah, I don't get many wheelies with mine. I run 17mm buggy tires/wheels for a narrower/taller tire for running in grass. I get an occasional wheely in the grass though, but on pavement, 1/8 buggy street tires just spin! Still fun though and I like the look of it.

i have a new 3.3 engine comming for my jato to replace the tired 2.5 . i can't wait ,the 2.5 was a blast to drive. the 3.3 in a jato should be crazy.

well electrical tape did the trick and she's running again, damn the Jato rocks out hardcore. I need to find some offroads for this thing though, it attracts way too much attention in my neighborhood LOL.

Whats the biggest wheels I can put on it? I'd like to make it a bit taller and put some meaty tires too.

While larger wheels/tires are cool, they add a lot of stress to the arms and parts when you don't land perfect off every jump. I went with 1/8 buggy wheels/tires on mine with new era 17mm wheel adapters, but I know some guys have put stampede wheels/tires on it. The stampede runs 12mm hex's like the jato.

Keep in mind that the jato is very light and spins the wheels at ridiculously high speeds, so larger wheels/tires causes much more rotational mass which would make the jato a real handful to drive on the ground and especially in the air.

just got mine running today. just wondering what some of your settings are on your carb
i know it wont be the same but i think it should help me get it pretty close

Traxxas stock setting for the carb is to tighten all the way then back off 1.5 turns then tune to your liking. Do Not Over Tighten.

thanks i got it runnong better but i thihnk i still need to mess with it a little more

yeah it's gonna be running a bit rich so lean it out by turning to the right 1/8 turns at a time til it seems to lose power then back up one turn you just did and it'll be perfect.

i will as soon as its gets above freezing so i can stand outside for more then 10 min.

If I were to upgrade the motor on my Jato what would be an awesome motor for it. Not really looking for speed but something more torque and make it more offroad than onroad.

I took my 3.3 out of my jato and put a 2.5 in it. I had to slow it down,,, even with the 2.5 i spin the tires at will. I have a hard time keeping it straight.

guess it's only made for speed then. I take it into the grass and sometimes it gets stuck.