Another Throttle Servo Bugging Out

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SSX

RCTalk Talkaholic
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Hi Guys,

As some of you may be aware, i had to buy another throttle servo as the cables on my old one detached themselves from the actual circuit board.

The new servo ( GS-5509MG Go Tech ) has started glitching/juddering under load usually but it does do it with the servo arm detached.

i have tried another servo in channel 2 and its fine....when the Go Tech glitches it also effects the steering servo too.

i have rigged up my other rx/tx and it still does it so i can rule out them?

any idea's guys? this servo is 2-3 weeks old max and has had 4 runs at the most, I'm not really wanting to fund another servo!

:\

Edit: RX Battery is fully charged and my power indicator on the TX reads 100% ( anolog meter )

Last edited:
Spend the money and get a good brand servo. I recommend Savox, Futaba, or Hitech. The extra money spent is worth it

Spend the money and get a good brand servo. I recommend Savox, Futaba, or Hitech. The extra money spent is worth it

I knew someone would jump out the woodwork and say that :hehe: your absolutely right, i should have bought a 'good' servo in the first place.....but being on a budget i was penny pinching, guess il end up paying out more now :( lesson learned.

nothing else could cause it to mess about? is it really fubar'd?

EDIT: one thing to note maybe is that this only started happening after a 100% stripdown and 100% engine strip down / clean! so i may re-trace my steps, there's a gremlin in there somewhere!

EDIT2: nope, had it all out of the buggy on a table ( rx/tx/servo/batt ) and it still does it so i can only assume the servo is junk.

Last edited:
Well it is a common sign of servo failure. Some will glitch first then stop working and some will just stop working without any sign. Others have been know to stick in a wide open position without a failsafe and send the car hauling ass out of control. So for best luck i say never try to save money buying off brand or cheap electronics. Save you pennies up and get good ones to begin with and you will be very happy you did so afterwards.

thanks for the advice bud, I've ordered a futaba servo so hopfully it will last longer than 2 weeks.

Thats what i run but i opt for the S3305. Never had one fail me yet. Had one on my revo steering that after 2years still is working now and put two of em on my HPI trophy buggy after i bought it.

The futaba servo turned up...

I'm really dissapointed and angry with the ebay seller, its a fake futaba:

output gear is white

outside case is shiny not matt finish

futaba sticker is not quite the same

wires are not soldered at the edge of the board, they are more or less in the center.

installed it anyway and yup, its a dud. motor just spins and the top gear does.....nothing, does not move.

pissed off to say the least.

Edit:

pulled the servo apart for the 2nd time and it seems the motor had droped 1/4 inch into the case. i pushed it back up, re-fitted the gears and it works fine.....how long for i dont know as these cheap knock offs are destined for the rubbish bin. if the motor drops again i will hot glue the bugger.

Last edited:
I wouldnt use hot glue as those servo motors can because quite hot if they are working hard. I would use an epoxy of some kind.

Savox and never look back friend, thats all I will ever use in my rigs.

I wouldnt use hot glue as those servo motors can because quite hot if they are working hard. I would use an epoxy of some kind.

i was only going to use a little either side of the motor to hold it in place, not coat the motor in it. i do have both epoxy and a hot glue gun so i will try the epoxy first.

Savox and never look back friend, thats all I will ever use in my rigs.

i need to pluck up the courage to blow £70 / $110 on 2 decent servo's that will last years......if i was racing i would have done it by now but as its used for just bashing, its a cost that could buy me another 2nd hand rig.

i need to just do it and be done with rubbish servo's.

Did I mention I dont race nor will ever? Its just an easy feeling knowing you dont have to look back on the upgrade and continue moving forward with the build.

Did I mention I dont race nor will ever? Its just an easy feeling knowing you dont have to look back on the upgrade and continue moving forward with the build.

peace of mind i guess.

well, i converted it to rwd and its damn quick but low and god damn behold......2 x 10 min runs and the buggy went awol @ WOT. It did a lot of sideways ground to air jumps off the tarmac ( damn thing thinks its a plane! ) mid air 360 landed on its wheels and cut out ( thank god ) bruised the cooling head and my chassis is bent upwards at the front, bits of metal missing off the chassis at the front and my fuel tank isnt sealing anymore. enough to make you shout bad words out loud! :angry::angry:

gonna have to order a new chassis 2 x mid range servo's and a I'm considering bunging in a 23cc engine too....cheaper to run. i know it will be slower but I'm not all about top speed.

Help With A Decent ANALOG Servo

Hi Guys,

I need help choosing a good set of servo's that will work with a:

futaba FP-R1380F 8 channel dual conversion receiver - in FM.

I'm pretty sure its analog so i need 2 good long lasting servo's to suit.

budget is $100 / £70 max and the more torque the better.

knowing me id buy more junk :angry:

Same subject, threads merged.
For a budget and a good servo, check out Hitec.

According to post #7, you absolutely have GOT to file a dispute with Ebay without going to the seller first.
They need to be stopped. If you go to the seller, he might make good with you to avoid discredit, but will continue to rip off the other customers.
Ebay needs to KNOW that his ads are false in order to maximize his profits by selling junk.

Make note of the site and let us know. I've been thinking of starting a warning forum to bash dirty dealers as a way of protecting our members from the same mistakes.

Last edited:
Same subject, threads merged.
For a budget and a good servo, check out Hitec.

According to post #7, you absolutely have GOT to file a dispute with Ebay without going to the seller first.
They need to be stopped. If you go to the seller, he might make good with you to avoid discredit, but will continue to rip off the other customers.
Ebay needs to KNOW that his ads are false in order to maximize his profits by selling junk.

Make note of the site and let us know. I've been thinking of starting a warning forum to bash dirty dealers as a way of protecting our members from the same mistakes.

thanks for the merge :)

i will check on my ebay and post up the seller.

i will be opening up a dispute but i have taken the servo apart so i probs wont get a refund.

forgot to mention that when the buggy went awol it was because the servo stopped working, if i lightly tug on the wiring it works again so loose connection. cheap junk.

Back