another temp question

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nicholas655

RCTalk Addict
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
ok so if i were to break in my engine at about 40 -45 outside do i need a sock on the head of the engine , and is it really needed to heat up th e engine before hand , keeping in mind that i will be in a parking lot with no power source ? sorry for the newb question.

40-45 with no heat I wouldn't do it. You want to make sure that your engine is not cold when you start it. and you don't want it to cool off too fast. this is why we say to warm it up before you start it, and let it cool down somewhere warm.

I agree... it's a bit on the cool side to not have the engine warmed up.

Do you have access to any of those dry chemical hand warmers? Being in Canada, I'd think you would. If you get a couple of those and ziptie them around the head, they will get the engine up to about 80F and keep it there. That way it's warm to start and it won't cool down too fast. That's how I broke in my OS 18 CV-R and it worked fine when warmer outside temps came along.

Here's a link to what I'm talking about:
http://industrialsavings.com/Mercha...warmingpacks&gclid=CLTosNPkwIsCFQkjWAodF2HF1g

ok so would i keep it on the whole time while running or i take it off when it =s up to good temps while not running

yup we got those things here for sure , at my trusty store 'wal-mart'

It depends... if you can keep the temps while running around 200-230, then leave them on. If it gets hotter than that, take them off, but put them back on when it dies so it doesn't cool to fast. For the first tank, even with them on, you will have a hard time getting it about 160. It takes about 2 tanks before you reach 200F.

It may be better to use some heavy duty rubber bands to hold them on.

thanks for all th info 'olds' you are good guys when answers are needed. such knowledged minds.keep it up guys
thanks