Another Quadcopter Build

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
IT'S ALIVE!! My new BEC came in today, heat shrunk the caps on it, mounted it differently (which worked out well so I can see the LED from below the copter), and did some wiring differently. Waiting on a pack to charge to test my anti jello solution for the GoPro!! I'm so pumped, that 4 day wait for the maiden hop was brutal LOL.

Sometimes the wait can be handy, helps me come up with new ways to do things instead of rushing in and doing a messy job.

I just ordered a 1/4 scale gokart kit from hk and its suppose to be electric but since it comes with no electrics and I have a spare nitro I'm gonna see if I can mount the nitro on.

Yeh I shall. And one day when I stop spending money on this stupid rc crap ill eventually save up some money to build my turbo 1L 1/1 scale gokart. Already have the kart and turbo, just need a motor and turbo rebuilt kit and ill be skidding everywhere

The new tiger motors showed up the other day. Went from 920kv to 1100kv, and down from a 10" prop to a 9" prop, same pitch though. Much more nimble, and these motors are so smooth.

P1120171copy_zps3c3eecc6.jpg

Update us, time?

Well, crap. I was minutes away from a flight test, and like an idiot didn't pay close enough attention to where I put the VU (DJI's version of a UBEC) and got it too close to one of the metal stand offs for the PDB (power distro board) and smoked a capacitor on it. So now I get to wait a week to have one delivered here to podunk. What a crock of BS they don't coat or shrink wrap those caps!! $25 shot for nothing, and no flying this thing at all for a week now. So aggravated with myself that I didn't pay closer attention :angry:

So has the new quad build completion been successful?
I'm interested in hearing about the first few flights, and what all you think of this quad. I already have four quads, but feel there's always room for another. Smile

My next one will not be a micro, prebuilt model, but a kit that needs assembly.

Chas

Back