Another noob needing help identifying his 1/10 bug

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gazza667

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Hi all. I've recently got in to nitro rc & picked up a 1/10 buggy off ebay for a bit of a bargain. But I'm having trouble identifying the chassis so i can get spares for when the inevitable breakages happen. Engine wise is'nt a problem. It has a SH18 fitted.
It was listed as a Pro-Line Nitro King Pro but I've not seen anything through Google that is similar enough to be able to order any parts for the chassis.
So I'm hoping some of you more experienced guy's could help me out with what to look for ;) I'm after suspension parts first of all because the front wishbones & drop links are very poor quality plastic. I've already broken one of the front wheel carriers but managed to modify it back to working order.
Thanks in advance
Gazza
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

I'm prety sure thats a himoto, look on their website so you can find it

Hi all. I've recently got in to nitro rc & picked up a 1/10 buggy off ebay for a bit of a bargain. But I'm having trouble identifying the chassis so i can get spares for when the inevitable breakages happen. Engine wise is'nt a problem. It has a SH18 fitted.
It was listed as a Pro-Line Nitro King Pro but I've not seen anything through Google that is similar enough to be able to order any parts for the chassis.
So I'm hoping some of you more experienced guy's could help me out with what to look for ;) I'm after suspension parts first of all because the front wishbones & drop links are very poor quality plastic. I've already broken one of the front wheel carriers but managed to modify it back to working order.
Thanks in advance
Gazza
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

its definetly a himoto, there ok but will keep breaking.

heres the link for the buggy, yours seems to have a custom shell
http://www.himotoracing.com/product/buggy/gas/buggy_g015/details.php

Last edited by a moderator:
Well i wont question your username :D Cuz you hit the jackpot with your link my friend. I now have all the info & part numbers i could wish for. But more than anything you have helped me answer my next question. From the day i bought the bug it has never ran sweet. I've followed the info on the SH Engines website to tune it but always have had a problem with it either not idling correctly or losing top end. SH say the HSN should turn out 4 complete turns. The user guide from Himoto say 2 1/2 turns :angry: so i will try the 'correct' way tonight & see how she runs.
I cannot thank you enough. Well actually i can but dont want to look pathetic :hehe:
Gazza

Well i wont question your username :D Cuz you hit the jackpot with your link my friend. I now have all the info & part numbers i could wish for. But more than anything you have helped me answer my next question. From the day i bought the bug it has never ran sweet. I've followed the info on the SH Engines website to tune it but always have had a problem with it either not idling correctly or losing top end. SH say the HSN should turn out 4 complete turns. The user guide from Himoto say 2 1/2 turns :angry: so i will try the 'correct' way tonight & see how she runs.
I cannot thank you enough. Well actually i can but dont want to look pathetic :hehe:
Gazza

if you know the engine is an SH and they say 4 turns out, your probably better going with what they say. i would trust the engine company over the car manufacturer. the SH could have been installed after the original owner bought it, it may not be the stock engine.

Gazza

lol, hope you get it running sweet. :) :p :D:D:p::p::):)

Back