Android Tablet Technical Advice Needed

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hamz9561

Proud Short Bus Rider
Supporter
Military Veteran
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Some dummy (me) dropped and broke the display on mom's favorite Acer Iconia tablet. Anyone have any ideas on how to transfer the pics and sound files on it to a new tablet without its display?

I could be way off, but... I think you can use your PC... I can with my Android phone anyhow..

BTW. . Bravo!!:stick:

Yeah, I was juggling it and a laptop and it slid right off the top. I did manage to get the data copied after a couple of hours' worth of charging.

If the display is messed up you should be able to connect it to a computer which should add it as a drive so you can then copy the files off. Or if you're using a expansion card and have android save there then it's just a matter removing the card and placing it in a new device.

Well... on the bright side, you got the data.
And well... if it's worth doing, ya may as well make sure it's done, right? Lol

If the display is messed up you should be able to connect it to a computer which should add it as a drive so you can then copy the files off. Or if you're using a expansion card and have android save there then it's just a matter removing the card and placing it in a new device.
Thanks, @WoodiE. I got it already. The tablet needed to charge and be on for some reason. I'm going to set up its replacement to automatically load the pics to a Photobucket account when it's on WiFi.

Since it's android, just have it upload to a gmail/google account. That's what we do with our phones and tablet. They upload instantly.

I have an iconia as well. Pretty old one that I rarely use. My wife used to use it all the time, then I got her a laptop. I rooted it and installed a lollipop (I think) build on it a year or two ago since acer wasn't updating anymore and the OS that was on it was pretty dated/pokey. I haven't turned the thing on in a year or so. The last time my wife had a surgery, I used it to stream netflix over the hospital wifi. Not a bad tablet. Kind of heavy, but worked really well with a kensington case with bluetooth keyboard built into it.

Well, the touch sensor is out in this one, but thanks, @olds97_lss. She's getting a newer Dell Venue to replace it. It was the one I had before getting my nVidia K1 Shield.

Well, the touch sensor is out in this one, but thanks, @olds97_lss. She's getting a newer Dell Venue to replace it. It was the one I had before getting my nVidia K1 Shield.
Now you've just gotta not break the K1 :D

Thanks, @WoodiE. I got it already. The tablet needed to charge and be on for some reason. I'm going to set up its replacement to automatically load the pics to a Photobucket account when it's on WiFi.
It is normal for it to need to be on to get the data off it, so things got in a bit of a pickle when the charging port on my old phone got messed up, I had to crack it open and replace the micro usb port.

Back