An idea (from an amateur)

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Araújo90

RCTalk Rookie
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Racing
I'm an amateur in the area, but I thought I'd put a fan in the engine to perform its cooling. I don't mean that my car is getting too hot, it's not that, it's been a very hot days lately, and yesterday when I went for a walk with the car, I walked with it for three minutes without slowing down, the engine temperature was at 111 degrees, and this idea came because I'm good with electronics and it might be a good idea, I don't know.
Maybe someone already has the idea, and even already assembled it, if so, please, i would appreciate some advice from someone more understood.

Thank you and good curves

I'm an amateur in the area, but I thought I'd put a fan in the engine to perform its cooling. I don't mean that my car is getting too hot, it's not that, it's been a very hot days lately, and yesterday when I went for a walk with the car, I walked with it for three minutes without slowing down, the engine temperature was at 111 degrees, and this idea came because I'm good with electronics and it might be a good idea, I don't know.
Maybe someone already has the idea, and even already assembled it, if so, please, i would appreciate some advice from someone more understood.

Thank you and good curves

Nitro engines run at their best 200 + deg.!

@Araújo90 What car do you have?
Kyosho PureTen GP Alpha is listed. With that said, I agree with above, not on nitro.

If you were rock crawling with nitro, I would understand. Fans on rcs are for the escs and electric motors from what I see.

He might be talking 111C vs 111F, his location says France. 111C = 231F, which is still well within safe nitro temps. Usually 210F-280F (99C-138C) is fine, some run hotter, some cooler. As long as your getting good power, it's running/idling good and sending smoke out the exhaust, even 280F (138C) isn't the max.

He might be talking 111C vs 111F, his location says France. 111C = 231F, which is still well within safe nitro temps. Usually 210F-280F (99C-138C) is fine, some run hotter, some cooler. As long as your getting good power, it's running/idling good and sending smoke out the exhaust, even 280F (138C) isn't the max.
😂😂🤣🤣 forgot about the temp difference.

The only place youd even see much benefit from a fan is when the rig is going slow or sitting still. otherwise the air moving across the cooling fins at speed is going to be plenty of cooling.

The only place youd even see much benefit from a fan is when the rig is going slow or sitting still. otherwise the air moving across the cooling fins at speed is going to be plenty of cooling.
Yes, you're right, but even on very hot days the engine can overheat. No? So come my idea, I know it's weird, I've known nitro cars since I was 8, 9, and I've never seen anyone put a fan in the engine, but I got the idea and why not? 🤣🤣🤣

Yes, you're right, but even on very hot days the engine can overheat. No? So come my idea, I know it's weird, I've known nitro cars since I was 8, 9, and I've never seen anyone put a fan in the engine, but I got the idea and why not? 🤣🤣🤣
I mean it certainly wouldnt hurt anything go for it :)

Now it's a good idea, instead of ventuinha being liquid cooling. Thank you very much Chubaka
I'll investigate
Your welcome.
He has multiple videos, one he lists the components.