Always know what to look for when buying used. =(

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LosiLST

Gone - bye bye.
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Okay, So I had that Losi 8ight and that Traxxas Jato right? Well the LST has been, and still is, my favorite rig. So I put that 8ight on CL listed that I had a broken clutch and it was about 50 dollars to replace. Well I got a call about this LST, well the guy made it sound like a hella good rig. So I was like can we meet tomorrow at ______ you know. Well he calls me eariler that day and is like do you have any other rcs? I was like I have a Jato, why? So he then goes, well your buggy is broke and doesn't seem like it is a fair deal. This is a 800 dollar rig fully ready to run with a JR radio and Metal servos all through out. So I am like well okay...I'll see when we actually meet. Well I get there and i show him my stuff and he is like cool cool that looks good. I'll do it. Well he brings out the LST. (BTW he said it was a LST2 and at the time I didn't know the difference) Well he brings it out and shows it to me. First thing I notice is that there is Maxx tires on it, no biggie but what ever. And he says the Bottom of the radio is gone, again, not a huge deal. Engine is like new (which it is) and has only 5 or 6 tanks through it. So I am like sure. (didn't even give it a good look over) So now, 3 weeks later and I figure I would tear into it to clean it why it was down.

First thing, The T/B and reverse is stock 270's and LST linkage. The Steering servos is one 270 and one Traxxas 2055!!! All the stickers were off so I never thought anything of it. DARNIT!! I look at the chassis, is has a big kink in it, the CVD's are all rusted at the joints, it has MAYBE half the screws, the Barrings....well lets say were pieces of plastic will a hole drilled through them for the cvd!! The Hinge pin retainers are not there as well at the diff holder things that holds the diff in place on the bulk head are GONE! There is one blue aluminum diff and one PLASTIC diff casing!! And then there are broken off screws off in the chassis rails that I can't get out but still want them but they seem usuless now! And then there is more. But It just makes me want to cry. I spent close to 450 dollars on this and have a POS LST!!! I just don't know what to do now. I wanna just throw it away and buy a new one almost. It just is horrible. Sooo, now I have a project. Yay!

Just goes to show, don't let the thing you want cloud your mind and make you make poor judgments. I now have a $400.00+ project to get it running like I want again. It's so hard not to just throw it out the door. The thing that pisses me off the most is I have bought stuff off CL countless times and KNOW what to look for. I just didn't think this time. Damn.

man that sucks big time...call him back up and thank him for screwing you with a big piece of poop

Back