Aluminum steering knuckles

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I wonder if you took Integy and heat treated it if it would make it any better? I know we heat treat a lot of aircraft aluminum parts to make them harder. Hell if I know, sucks man. I have done the scowing the web for part to find they just aren't made sometimes.

I have no idea if it would make em better or not. I'm also not sure I have the means to do it...I imagine that takes a ton of heat heh.

here are the pics

IMG_0087.jpg

IMG_0085.jpg

IMG_0090.jpg

IMG_0088.jpg

The part that I can't find anymore is this Sur3fir3...

310034_397260390321114_597760450_n.jpg

Are those the wrong ones that came, or is that an old picture of the ones on your truck?

my fault sorry i have been sorta speed reading, as havent had much time on the net lately.. thought u had issues with the steering off the servo, I can't find them either I'll keep an eye out tho

I wonder if you took Integy and heat treated it if it would make it any better? I know we heat treat a lot of aircraft aluminum parts to make them harder. Hell if I know, sucks man. I have done the scowing the web for part to find they just aren't made sometimes.

In order to heat treat,you have to know the exact alloy combo the part is made of to determine the temps and process to attain a hardened state. Integy parts are a cheap cast material and there is no telling what they have blended into it.

This sucks. If Id have known that this crap was gonna disappear Id have bought 2 sets of GPMs instead of just the one. o_O

In order to heat treat,you have to know the exact alloy combo the part is made of to determine the temps and process to attain a hardened state. Integy parts are a cheap cast material and there is no telling what they have blended into it.
Yeah Randy that is pretty much what I was thinking too. I have a furnace at work that is for that so it was one of the things that crossed my mind. Trust me I have learned my lesson with Integy before. Once....only took once.

Well Integy is the only company that I can find that says the part is supposed to come back into stock. I may give them a go and see. They say they are heavy duty maybe they use stronger aluminum on these than their normal stuff? IDK, all I know is I keep breaking the arm on the plastic ones that the tie rod screws to.

The integy knuckles for the savage are tough as nails and I know some guys you have beat the crap out of them and not a single breakage.

I ordered a set up Integy ones since they seem to be the only ones with the intentions of still producing them. They are on back order right now though so no telling how long before I can get them.

Ugggggg, I can't believe I just said I ordered an aluminum Integy part....man, that hurt to say...

hey greywolf I know this has nothing to do with your part, but many online ebay sellers have xxls in stock again. so do some part choppers like lovely_and_rare also

Thats cool. At least the truck itself isnt going extinct maybe aftermarket support will come back to some degree as well...I'm actually kind of surprised at the lack of aftermarket hop ups for the LST2/XXL seeing as how they seem to still be fairly popular kits. Granted they arent as popular as TMAXXs and Savvys but still.

+1. I wish there were more aluminum parts made for the LST.

Last edited:
Had a set of Dynamite bell cranks and personally didn't like them. I bent the alum drag link, that attached the two cranks together so many times that it would take nothing to bend them out of shape again (metal fatigue).
Then after a rebuild noticed that one of the arms on the crank was actually bent too, so I order up some GPM alum.
Right away the difference between the two was really noticeable.
Dynamite on the left, GPM on the right
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1376058372.877601.jpg

I think this picture shows how beefy the GPM is over Dynamite.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1376058494.814408.jpg

I will say that Dynamite fit is excellent, where the GPM bell cranks fit is not so great. You can see that I had to shim up the ball joints to clear the servos. Thats the links from the servo to the bell cranks.

But GPM motor brace is another story, I don't like them at all. Smaller, lots of sharp angles that will lead to cracks over time, and just looks cheap compared to Dynamites.
Look at how Dynamites brace is machined, nice round flowing edges with no sharp angles. No chance for cracks to form.
Dynamite on the left, GPM on the right
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1376059617.118690.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1376059696.119540.jpg

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1376057723.953030.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1376057723.953030.jpg
    65.2 KB · Views: 191
  • ImageUploadedByTapatalk1376057751.305509.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1376057751.305509.jpg
    53.7 KB · Views: 183
Check it out all you Losi LST2 and XXL owners....Asia Tees has a limited quantity of aluminum steering knuckles in stock right now. I've been looking for a pair of these for about a year now with no success. The only ones they currently have in stock are red but you can always strip the anodizing off of them if a plain metal look would match your current color scheme better. I order 2 pairs of these yesterday myself. Dont worry if you miss these though because I emailed the company and they said they were working on releasing this part in red, blue, and black but they didnt say when. Just thought Id let you guys know sinc eIve been looking for these for so long!
http://www.asiatees.com/display?Tea...des&brand=Team Losi&model=LST2&id=37741&pid=1

Back