Aluminum parts.

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Domijan91

RCTalk Basher
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Hey guys, I have a traxxas stampede that i use for mostly hashing and a little Track running for fun. I've been thinking about upgrading to some aluminum parts. (skid plates, bumber, A-arms and accessories, and maybe the motor housing/transmission, basically everything under the truck) What do you guys think about aluminum parts, u like um? Are they really better?

Also I heard that the more aluminum the more it breaks. Like if you have aluminum on aluminum parts. Is this true? Should I very between aluminum and plastic. They say that in varying plastic and aluminum the plastic will break instead of the aluminum, is this true?

Also, is one brand better then another in the aluminum parts?

Thanks in advance!

Integy is known for making poor quality aluminum parts. The warranty on them is voided if they are installed on a vehicle. So avoid them like the plague.

I would also recommend against using aluminum on parts like the A-arms and bumpers as they tend to break instead of flexing. I would recommend instead to install RPM arms and bumpers.

I have used aluminum parts from 3Racing, Golden Horizons and STRC with no problems.

Dynamite and GPM make pretty good aluminum parts although with GPM they do have a few crappy parts here and there.