Aluminum or Plastic, i can't decide

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brad55102

RCTalk Addict
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
T-maxx 2.5,,,, i can't decide on whether to get aluminum upgrades for my rig. I was looking at skid plates, but what stops me is that mine are fine for now and i'm worried that they will add weight. So whats your opinion do you prefer aluminum or plastic. Skid plates, A arms, ect...

I used titanium skid plates, aluminum bends easily and weakens each time you bend it back until it breaks. RPM a-arms, definitely not aluminum. Aluminum is good for some things, like shock towers, but use stock body posts, aluminum bulkheads are good, but use stock bumper mounts.

Personally, I'd even steer clear of al shock towers. I'd go RPM.

Chassis rails - al
Bulks - al
Diff cases - al
Diff cups - 7075 al
Center skid - al
Front/Rear skids - RCS Spring steel or titanium

Arms - RPM
Towers - RPM or stock (rpm if you don't mind a bit of flex or if you plan on running 8 shocks)

I agree with olds but I would go with RPM skids as well I have them on my truck and they are pretty dam tough.

Don't really bother wit the aluminum if you arn't going for show. I endied up getting rid of some aluminum parts that got too beat up really fast from playing in the asphalt jungle. As for arms it's really not a good idea to go aluminum these guys are right the RPM arms are awesome, way stronger than the stockers.

Back