Aluminum Hop ups???

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hdrider281

RCTalk Champion
Supporter
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
are the aluminum hop ups any better than the plastic versions? do they hold up the same ... better... worse than any others??? i hear anything marked integy is crap but what about this eracing pro stuff on ebay?

is aluminum any better and if so who has the best machined fit parts out there?

Only be bent so much and so many times... lol... but plastic snaps... what about these carbon fiber parts? i saw i think push rods out of carbon fiber...

ok so carbon fibre... fancy plastic... lol... gotcha

HD, please dont listen to any of this crap. All three posts are wrong.

the advantage to carbon fiber is it's weight. it is extremely light, but not much stronger, if at all stronger than plastic.

Carbon fiber is much stronger than plastic. If properly made, its actually stronger than steel. So get your facts straight.

aluminum is WA-A-A-Y better. when you would break you plastic crap, the alum just takes a little bend, if anything, and can be bent right back into shape

Aluminum on RC vs plastic such as RPM is complete CRAP. Especially control arms. Plastic bends, and reforms back to its original shape. Aluminum bends, and stays that way. Stay away from majority of aluminum parts for RC application.

carbon fiber is great for boats, and 1:1 Motorcycles, but not so much for cars

Carbon Fiber is AMAZING for rc cars, especially on road race cars, It cuts the weight of rigs in half sometimes.

I with the po po on this one. the only time you should think about aluminum items are when its a structual part of the chassis, like a bulkhead.

the best parts to buy to replace stuff that takes a beating (like arms) is RPM. they make there plastic with a special formula that is designed to bend and snap back. They even carry a lifetime warranty.

Whatever you do stay away from integy.

My LHS explained it like this. Aluminum and Carbon fiber are strong, but don't give like plastic. Granted, carbon is a lot stronger, and will take more abuse before it breaks. Like Alpine said, plastic bends, and goes back to it's original shape, while aluminum bends, and then doesn't go back

aluminum is WA-A-A-Y better. when you would break you plastic crap, the alum just takes a little bend, if anything, and can be bent right back into shape
Um...WRONG. Sorry dude but alloy is only good in structural locations like bulkheads and such. If you say it's good for A-arms, slap yourself because that is just bad advise and shows your lack of knowledge. Lets count... three pieces of bad info in one post. Good job you are working on a record.

Lmao45, you're on the RADAR. I'm tired of removing posts that are ill informed or just plain useless. Dragging up the oldest thread you could find just to reply "cuz" is a total waste of everyone's time. Knock it off or go elsewhere.

Rolex
RCNT Staff

Radar111.jpg

I've gone with the RPM A Arms and thr tru trac rear... but the aluminum stuff... i see a lot of people saying RUN AWAY from alloy... especially for a arms, and i can see that the push rods and tie rods are prob a good idea to stay away from...

what about the shock or body mounts? or the rockers... are these items not recommended either?

Rockers would be fine. Body mounts I like plastic, but this Lmao45 guy is an idiot and i hope no one actually listens to him....ugh some peoples kids. Don't worry hdrider MOST of us actually know what we are talking about and are here to help.

you have to remember that if you replace something with something stronger you just transfer the force to something else until you break it.

aluminum arms is just going to smash bulk heads and bend hing pins.

arms are cheep, bent chassis isnt.

This is my 1st rc of any kind... new toy... jumped all in... i got a bunch of spares and tools already. some of the parts i am asking about i am starting to get in the mail... (spur of the moment buy online parts) some like a set of carbon fiber arms i got just to see what came... so its only a set of 2... along side the alum tie rods ... and steel driveshafts... (the driveshafts actually do look like a decent upgrade part, a little heavier but I'm guessing these will actually last) I'm not so worried about weight as all round strength... I'm a back yard basher... dont know if it will ever see a race track. but i want the best i can get... i will waste lots of money figuring stuff out... and eventually love this new toy almost as much as my ex... the 1st yr of course... as i do with everythign else...LOL

i had to explain to a hobby shop how "nice" integy junk is.. he tried to sell me a set for my truck. Its like 120 bucks for some junk.. rather buy tin cans. Pretty sad rpm plastic is stronger then integy...umm.. not sure what it is.

from what I've seen the integy alum parts look like the coolest parts... but over and over i see statements from others of how they dont hold up... dont line up... and generally stay away from it... unless you wanted to build a model... which if i ever do decide to just build a shelf model i would buy the extras just for show.. I've seen a few difff alloy sets... and integy does look the best in the ads... but for some reason more than most say stay away from them

I got the tru trac rear and the front a arms but forgot to add the front carriers... so I'm still on hold
but I'm on hold anyway til everything shows up... its been like christmas every day for the past week but I'm stilll waiting on major shop parts... lol

the problem with alum parts from places like integy is the alum they are using! they are made in china with low grade alum! if you look at some of the stuff that UE / supermaxx use to make it is made out of 7075 t6 and holds up much better. but good luck finding revo parts out of 7075.

Rpm arms rock! They are freakin bullet proof. I did the tru trac and the front arms, left the carriers for a weak point, but haven't broke them yet. I will deffinately replace them with RPM. Oh, and I like to tell my wife, "This is and affordable hobby, not an expensive toy". So if your gonna call it a toy, try and keep it to a whisper!!! :)

This is a lot cheaper than my Harley.... but its still fun too

Back