Aluminum 2.2/3.0 short course wheels

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CharlieTuna

RCTalk Talkaholic
Military Veteran
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Hey everybody...
Having a hard time finding 2.2/3.0 Aluminum beadlock wheels for Pro4 SC10 Associated. Please post a link if you have a source for these or steer me in the right direction. Thanks for any help!

I don't know that I've ever seen aluminum bead lock SC wheels. I have used Pro-Lines bead lock SC wheels, and let's just say I wasn't impressed... and they were on a 2wd SCT. Oh, how I tried to like them, but the tires would eventually work themselves loose from the bead lock's grip. Three foot high jumps, and normal 2S power coming in/out of turns all lead to many frustrating nights of fixin' the tires. Ended up chuckin' the wheels into box... never to be seen again. :wtf:

Others say they had great luck with bead locks. I don't know how they do it. Possibly the aluminum ones would allow to tighten the bead lock ring greater than that of plastic?

Last edited:
I don't know that I've ever seen aluminum bead lock SC wheels. I have used Pro-Lines bead lock SC wheels, and let's just say I wasn't impressed... and they were on a 2wd SCT. Oh, how I tried to like them, but the tires would eventually work themselves loose from the bead lock's grip. Three foot high jumps, and normal 2S power coming in/out of turns all lead to many frustrating nights of fixin' the tires. Ended up chuckin' the wheels into box... never to be seen again. :wtf:

Others say they had great luck with bead locks. I don't know how they do it. Possibly the aluminum ones would allow to tighten the bead lock ring greater than that of plastic?
Hey HB..
Yeah I ordered up a set of 2.2/3.0 premounted

Hey HB..
Yeah. I ordered up a set of 2.2/3.0 SCT premounted tires with plastic wheels. I'll look back later at the aluminum route. Thanks for the comment.

Back