Almost new

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
LHS advised against going with a steel spur gear, their reason made sense too. Spurs are cheap and easy to replace compared to transmission parts. Until I start to make some power increases, I guess I'll probably stick with the $4 cogs. Thanks for the help with the tanks Dxtreme1 and BTW nice clean setup!!

True. If the rest of your drivetrain isnt steel, plastic spur is the way to go.. I'm 100% steel drivetrain now. Just did forward only wide ratio... I actually contacted a few tech college's about prototyping a all steel gear 3 speed with reverse. When i replaced my plastic gears, i noticed theres enough room there for another set of gears for a 3rd. . .ill post here if anything comes of it.

So i was searching the forum for tire setups, was leaning towards knobby style (going to start running on more dirt/hard pack) Found a thread that talked about running 3.2 (old maxx) tires to lower CG. Found a set of new bowtie 1079's, and some NIP RPM titan rims (look pretty sharp) on ebay. Going to give this setup a try and see what happens considering I only have about $43 and a tube of glue invested in this complete set. Any thoughts/experiences/ setup tricks running 3.2 knobbies on the 2.5 maxx??? They should be here mid week

I have some proline bow-tie wheels. Mounted on my 3.3 tmaxx, that has a lrp30spec4 on it. They work great so far, plenty of grip.

That's because the thread was for a savage!!! :hehe: Looks like my 'old timers' disease is kicking in!!! It will only be days before I'll be in the news wearing my boxers outside my jeans wandering thru the bushes down town looking for my Jato... While the whole time it's in my back pack, still on my back and still running!!! It's ALL downhill from here guys!!!

https://www.rcnitrotalk.com/forum/threads/savage-xl-alternative-fuel-tanks.114009/

This is the post I was looking for. Although it's obviously for a Savage... It could still prove to be quite useful! Doing a full on conversion to do away with the small and dysfunctional tank it the ultimate goal. If the dimensions are close, this may solve your problems!:thumbs-up:

I ran an OFNA 125cc tank on my t-maxx's back in the day as well. :)

XTM big block conversion chassis:
2004-0518-21Maxx-exhausthigh.jpg

Standard 2.5 chassis:
2004-0518-SMaxx-receiversidehigh.jpg

I used stand offs to put the receiver box over the steering servo.

Back