Almost done

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice looking truck. Everything looks good with your linkages. I have yet to do that mod...

I like the body too, simple but nice.

Thanks, the body turned out better than I thought it would for my first paint job. I was originally going to paint it black with two 1" wide red racing stripes down the middle but couldn't get the stripes nice and parallel so I ditched that bright idea and went with what you see now.

I ran a couple of tanks through this afternoon [I just had to start it before I left for OH], put it up on my sons skate board and let it puke oil all over it for the two tanks worth. To say it's set a little rich from the factory is an under statement.

I'm still blind as far as what to look for on the linkage settings. You can read up on all you want but until you see something in action it really doesn't click. With a quick blip of the throttle it responds well but when I bring the trigger back to the neutral position the RPM's stay the same, it doesn't come back to idle. When applying the brake to hard I can stall it. Oh well, it'll give me something to think about while I'm gone.

you need to first adjust your idle speed screw on your engine to prevent it from stalling. then you need to put more tension on the spring that closes the carb when the servo is in neutral. the purple collar next to the spring on your linkage. that should fix both your problems.

Back