Almost done

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TurboDZL

RCTalk Basher
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
Finally got my 4.6 kit in Friday and thought I'd attempt to post three pics to show what I've done so far .....let's see what happens. Yea, I know, the camber and toe are off a tad :ponder: :hammer:

Attachments

• 2005_0319(003).JPG
    2005_0319(003).JPG
    57.4 KB · Views: 127
  • 2005_0319(002).JPG
    2005_0319(002).JPG
    55 KB · Views: 115
  • 2005_0319(001).JPG
    2005_0319(001).JPG
    49.4 KB · Views: 125
WoW, low riding, hey Zandor i think his looks higher cuz maybe his wheels are smaller, idk All of them are making my mouth water. I know you'll have lots of fun with it and good luck.

No his body is farther off his...

O yeah mb, well they are both sexy, lol

That and I lowered mine about 1 1/2 inches from stock...w/nova towers and UE shocks...

My body post were a little high when I put them on, I guess I didn't notice it until you guys mentioned it.

Moving onto the motor......after the flywheel is on, how tight does the pilot nut need to be? Tight as a %@&*%^, or just snug? It's pressed onto the brass collar behind it, right. Last night I threaded it on (using blue thread lock) and got it finger tight because I couldn't find a deep well socket to tighten it. I assume that's how you tigten it.....the three post prevent a wrench from getting in there.

do you have a three way plug wrench...you need to get it tight I use a small pair of vise grips to hold the flywheel so Ican crank down on the nut..

are u talkin about the slipper clutch or the cb on the engine? if its the slipper clutch then you need to tighten it so it doesn't slip to much but not to tight. The cb assembly needs to be tightened nice and snug. hope i helped a little

I guess I need to get a plug wrench, thanks.

When I filled the shocks with oil (35wt) I notice that when I compress the shock, without the spring on, the shaft is really stiff and rebounds to the extended position like a pogo stick. I double and tripple checked for air bubbles and appear to have them all out. Is this rebound typical with 35wt or is there something else going on here. When we refilled my brothers Revo shocks, the shafts stopped where we stopped and didn't return to the extended position.

With all the shocks on the truck and dropping it from about chest high it doesn't appear to compress the suspension very much, anything other that a 4-point landing would be ugly I can tell you that.

damn sti.doesn't look like you off road that thing.

TurboDZL said:

When I filled the shocks with oil (35wt) I notice that when I compress the shock, without the spring on, the shaft is really stiff and rebounds to the extended position like a pogo stick. I double and tripple checked for air bubbles and appear to have them all out. Is this rebound typical with 35wt or is there something else going on here. When we refilled my brothers Revo shocks, the shafts stopped where we stopped and didn't return to the extended position.

With all the shocks on the truck and dropping it from about chest high it doesn't appear to compress the suspension very much, anything other that a 4-point landing would be ugly I can tell you that.

on my buggy shocks that were factory built, they did that i would compress them and they would very slowly go back out. It did this on one and didnt do it on another so idk, hope this helps.

TurboDZL said:

Sounds like you have air bubble in your shocks.

or too much oil. if they arent properly bled when assembling them, any shock will do that. you can't just fill it up and cap it. you have to:

1 fill it
2 slowly move shaft up and down to release air bubble from under the piston
3 let it sit for a good 10 minutes to allow bubbles to surface
4 move shaft up shock to near the surface of the oil, but not up out of it
5 cap the shock, some oil should come out around the threads as you do this so that you know there is no air in the shock

i do this for all my cars, racing buggies, onroads, MT's and it works every time. with as long as the savage shocks are you probibly wont eliminate it, but you can decrease it.

It may be that they're just to full. I topped them bad boys off and made a mess when capping them. I'll try take out just enough to where nothing comes out of the top when it's capped and see if their a little less of a pogo stick.

The most important part is to move the piston almost all the way to the top, then screw on the cap. I don't really know why but this will make your shocks perfectly smooth and not like a pogo stick.

When I built my savage shocks I made a mess as well, oil all over the place. just be sure to move the piston up when screwing on the caps.

Well, it's assembled...not running yet but everything is on that needs to be put on. Tried a few suggestions on the shocks and they feel much better. Unfortunatley, I have to go to OH tonight for a family emergency so break-in will have to wait a few weeks.

After setting up all the linkages and doing the Ofna throttle linkage mod, I turned on the power to see how all this stuff works (first ever RC so I have no baseline to compare too.) Give the throttle a sqeeze and the brakes are applied; push on the brake and the throttle is applied :ponder: Obviously something is a miss here but I'll have to look into that when I get back. Throwing a few more pics in too[the dog snuck in on one of them :lick: ] As far as the linkages go, is there anything out of place?

Attachments

• 2005_0321(001).JPG
    2005_0321(001).JPG
    89.8 KB · Views: 106
  • 2005_0321(003).JPG
    2005_0321(003).JPG
    85.7 KB · Views: 109
  • 2005_0321(004).JPG
    2005_0321(004).JPG
    72.9 KB · Views: 105
  • 2005_0321(005).JPG
    2005_0321(005).JPG
    63.2 KB · Views: 113
Last edited:
on the controler there is a switch that will revers the servos direction.. just flip it and you should be set..

Ahh, you're right, it's working now. Thanks.

Back