Air leak? Driving me crazy.

• Thread starter Traxxas102938374
  • Start date

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Traxxas102938374

RC Newbie
Reaction score
I have a traxxas .15 trx engine. Whenever I start it and lift the wheels it revs up like crazy like I’m giving it full throttle even though the throttle is closed. It wants to take off for no reason. I checked for any leaks nothing stands out. Clutch is fine. The idle gap is fine. I replaced the exhaust gasket cleaned the carb. Fuel lines are pretty much new. It’s driving me crazy I have no clue what to do anymore.

Due you still have the stock plastic exhaust? A bad front bearing can cause issues. The back plate gasket could be bad. Are you using a fuel filter?
Cylinder head could be leaking. Set carb back to factory needle settings.

Last edited:
When you said clean the carb, did you disassemble it and make sure nothing is clogged up through the path? By opening the HSN by an extra turn, will it help? Also you can try to take out the fuel tank and locate it higher, so gravity feed can happen and if it works fine, then you do have a leak somewhere between your exhaust and fuel tank, it could also be your fuel tank cap. If you have an extra fuel tank, try gravity feed first. Hope that help.

check the Orings in carb needle valves.
What this guy said.

I haven't heard any mentions about o rings anywhere in this conversation.

Nitro engines are like living with women. If you treat them right they'll be good to you. If you miss something, she might bite your head off.

Back