air intake and break help (please read)

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Plaza

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
hey,
i just brought a nitro car and i was wondering if you could help me with a little problem i have brought a

HIMOTO CUSTOM MADE RC R/C 1:10 RTR 4WD .18 JAPAN Engine GAS Off-ROAD TRUCK - ELDORADA

more info found here

the problem is that after breaking in the engine i went to go and play with it on the carpark...i started the engine and then revved it up and then applied the brakes but when i did the engine stalled....i have kept to all the manafactures guide lines and have left a 0.33 mm gap for the air to get in and changed it via the controller but still the air passage is blocked even though its only ment to move when you accelerate...

there is a screw to increase the amount of fuel to the engine which increases the RPM and overall performance to a certian extent and then there is anohter screw which is located under the air filter and dirrectly connects to the metal which limits the air flow..... if you tighten the screw then the metal piece doesn't move when you brake but the brakes dont work.. and if you loosen the screw the metal piece does move and the engien cuts out

there is also the servo which controls the acceleration of which has come loose and proabably not set in the right position but it seems not to make a difference but only limits the air flow but doesn't resolve my first issue of the brakes not working with the engine not cutting out...

please help me

thanks
lew

when you start it it runs fine then you go and press on the breaks and it dies correct? if so i am pretty sure you need to lean it 1/8 of a turn then try again if no difference try to go another 1/8 but if it starts to cut out when its wide open throttle put it back

thanks alot
but doesn't that just increase the RPM and speed up the wheels...

also when you have the control in neutral should the wheels be spinning or not or do they only stop spinning when the brakes are applied

No leaning, its your idle adjustment screw. I replied to your pm Plaza.

okay thanks alot

I'm just gonna go and try that idle adjustment screw now

Sounds more like the idle screw that sets the mechanical air opening in the carb needs a quarter turn or so. It is generally a small flat-head type screw that lays paralel to the slide on the carb, usually sticking out at an angle. Turn it in just a smidgen and try again.

The way the linkage is supposed to work is this;

When you release the trigger (neutral), the car is supposed to idle and sit still.

Barely pull throttle, the car is supposed to go forward (in proportion to the amount of trigger pull)

Push forward for brakes, the engine is supposed to idle and the car slow to a stop.

Otherwise, it sounds like you're doing alright so far.

engine_003_01.jpg

above is the picture of the engine

please can you explain what each of the bits is for me so i can go and try out the above things

your idle is set to low
you need to tighten the small screw under the air filter just a bit untill the truck will stay running when you apply the brakes. then adjust your throtle/brake linkage to make the carb close at center, and open fully at full pull on the servo. also adjust your brakes to work

yep its okay now....

i have sorted it all out and thanks for all your help especially beason

lol....

now that is funny...

and i thought i was gonna have to send it all the way back to hong kong

i got it from ebay (lol) for only £140 including p&p and insurance

Back