Air Filter Oil

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mark.racer98

RCTalk Rookie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Which air filter oil do people think is the best.
Is duratrax air filter oil any good?

thanks

mark

i use marvel mystery oil. only cause i have it. my idea may not be the best. my friends on this site may have a better one, they know a lot.

i am using K&N oil filter and cleaner set.

OK I am still new to this nitro thing. So what is air filter oil?

Fishaddict it is exactly what it says. Air filter oil. These are two stroke nitro engines and need the filter to be cleaned and oiled with a range of oil that will work in order to catch the finer particles from getting into the engine and causing damage. The best types of oils to use are the k&n filter oil or a can of dirtbike airfilter oil from the motorcycle shop. You can even use motor oil. I use 3 in one oil myself. You need to clean and oil your filter every 4-6 tanks depending on driving conditions and ground. Also you dont want to over oil it so that the carb sucks loose oils into engine you just want it damp enough to help catch dust.

I've had good luck with Associated and Duratrax. I also make a point to have at least 2 replacement filters (preoiled) for every bashing. More times than not I will run 2-3 tanks and when I go to shut it down for the day I will pop a clean filter on so it is ready for next time

Back