Air bubbels in my fuel line

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

What should i do?

• What for help to see if someone knows what to do

• Replace the fuel line

Results are only viewable after voting.
This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gus Cook

RC Newbie
Reaction score
hey, so i got my new redact backdraft 3.5 for x-mas and right now the problem that i am having with it is that in the fuel line there are alot of air bubbles in the fuel line some big some small but when it hits the big ones the engine quits and i start it back up and the same thing happens but sometimes that doesn't happen and i can get it running for around 10 minutes. i really need help with the air bubbel problem.

Sounds like either your fuel take lid may need the lid seal replaced or you could have a pin hole in one of your fuel lines. Take your tank off the car and submerge it under water and blow through the fuel line on the bottom of the tank if you see air bubbles around your lid you need either a new fuel tank with lid or replace the gasket around the lid.

Buy a new tank,and buy some new fuel line

hey, so i got my new redact backdraft 3.5 for x-mas and right now the problem that i am having with it is that in the fuel line there are alot of air bubbles in the fuel line some big some small but when it hits the big ones the engine quits and i start it back up and the same thing happens but sometimes that doesn't happen and i can get it running for around 10 minutes. i really need help with the air bubbel problem.
For a start, it's a Redcat, so expect a few more issues, but otherwise, it's a great beginners car :)
Anyways, for your problem, replace the fuel line and check the WHOLE fuel system for air leaks. Try fiddling with the fuel cap, sometimes works :) Many guides on how to do this can be found online :)

Back