After that 1st crash

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

London808

RCTalk Rookie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
so i got my self a revo 3.3 and broke it in and then on my 7th tank i crashed it into a parked car (the car was ilegaly parked so not my fault)

but anyway the colison was with my front left wheel against a wheel on the car

i was full speed at the time and my car kind of span out all crazy before stoping on its wheels

i ran the car back to me (the motor did not cut out)

But now the car pulls to the left when driveing

nothing looks bent or broke or cracked or lose

how do i go about resteting the stearing back to normal

any tips and secrets greatly welcome - i know it explains it in the manuel and before i start just want to see if thgere is a better way

thanks in advance

The person who will drive a little slower for a while

you need to really get in there and have a look. do the tires still point strait? you may have stripped the servo horn, or something. can you give us some more info?

tkae pics of the front and post them.. that may help as well

errr i kileld it

well i fixed the stearing problem it was a
lose screw

BUT i just hit a sprinkler head at errrrr full speed FFS - i dident see it till i hit it it was only half up nut just high enough to cause some major damage so i need help with parts i need to replace
(that sprinkler aint gona work no more either)

(a part of the plastic that holds the arm broke of but i am trying to epoxy it with 2.5 ton epoxy - if it dont work i will replace but that is gona be exspensive to repalce)

here is pics of parts i broke

Attachments

• IMG_0108.jpg
    IMG_0108.jpg
    66 KB · Views: 98
Axel Carrier, A-Arms, pushrods, and looks like a CV shaft

thats a fairly cheap fix.. when i owned a revo i never glued unless i was racing and didnt have any spares.. you can buy that whole set for $5 on ebay

Na that should be a cheap fix. Shop on ebay! might want to pick up some rpm a-arms they have a life time warranty!

well i fixed the stearing problem it was a
lose screw

BUT i just hit a sprinkler head at errrrr full speed FFS - i dident see it till i hit it it was only half up nut just high enough to cause some major damage so i need help with parts i need to replace
(that sprinkler aint gona work no more either)

(a part of the plastic that holds the arm broke of but i am trying to epoxy it with 2.5 ton epoxy - if it dont work i will replace but that is gona be exspensive to repalce)

here is pics of parts i broke

The person who will drive a little slower for a while

That didn't last very long! :D

So i went and got my parts - $46 and 2 trips becasue they gave me the wrong one the first time

needed 5 parts in total - and that leaqves me with a couple of extra parts - my LHS only carys the whole parts not the partial - so you get 2 of each item for left and right or top and bottom ect.....

I'm gona keep my broken parts tho i migt try and make a mold to cast myself some aluminum parts

Aluminum doesn't flex, it just bends as I'm sure you know. Your luck sounds about like mine and you'll be replacing even more parts if you use aluminum and of course, if you have to buy them they are more expensive. But they sure are purty :D

I agree with Mr. Clean aluminum is purdy, but not very functional, the plastic parts that are available (especially from RPM) are very resilient and can take ALOT of abuse, i have the rpm a-arms on the front of my rig (when my rig is in one piece, but we wont' get into that) and i have put them through hell and back and they haven't broken. .. Yet. . .but when/if they do all i have to do is call RPM and i will get a new set which is nice, but if i would have had aluminum on it i would have bent or broken them multiple times, so IMO i would just get a set of the rpm a-arms and be done with it, its good piece of mind knowing that if they break, you get a new set for nothing. . gotta love lifetime warranties. Just my opinion on this situation, hope this helps

i was thinking about casting my own so bending or breaking wouldent be a problem but now that you say - the plastic ones give so absorbe a bit of the shock

so for now i will stick with plastic

i was thinking about casting my own so bending or breaking wouldent be a problem but now that you say - the plastic ones give so absorbe a bit of the shock

so for now i will stick with plastic

Personally, I'd go with RPM arms. They flex a bit more than stock, but they can be bent further without breaking.

Alloy arms are nice to look at, but they are hard on everything bolted to them and that they are bolted to. Would you rather be replacing an arm or would you rather be dismantling 1/3 of your truck to replace a bulkhead? At least that's how I look at it. Alloy parts have their place, like axle carriers, servo guards, center skids... but arms and shock towers (you don't have on a revo) are two places I wouldn't run alloy.

Back