After I run My LST for 10 minutes I have no clutch? HALP!

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BULL1TT_KEV

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
I put new bearings, shoes and put everything back to spec. Slipper is set to full tight, then back 1/8 turn. After I run for ten minutes the truck is stopping and just revving (like it is in neutral) Am I missing something here? Only had the LST for a month and pretty knowledgeable on the clutch, but this has me stumped.

It sounds like it's slipping because it's glazed. That makes it extremely hot and that's when it can't grab. Take it apart and scuff the shoes and the inside of the bell with some fine sandpaper.
If it's not the clutch that's the problem, tighten the slipper up some more.

what rolex said...either that or your diff is to lose???

It could also be your oneway bearing

i dont think the OWB would cause the issue. the owb is used on the pull or rotostart system. this would not effect the engine while its running, unless it locked up, but that would completely stall the engine out, not just make the car not move

The easiest way to isolate the problem is to leave the gear cover off, drive it until it does whatever it's doing, then as your applying throttle and whatevers slipping, watch what spins and what doesn't.

If your flywheel doesn't spin with the engine revs, your flywheel nut is loose and/or your collet is worn too much to grab.

If your CB doesn't spin and your flywheel does, it's your clutch shoes.

If your spurs spin, but the slipper nut/trans input shaft doesn't, it's your two speed OWB.

If your spurs spin and the slipper nut/trans input shaft spins, it's your slipper or something further down the line.

Does anyone know where to get a m2c 4 shoe clutch for my xxl BESIDES their website?

Back