Affordable Racing/Sport Engines

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
Hello, I own an HPI Trophy buggy and I'm looking for a new affordable .21 size engine which is better and faster then the Star F3.5 I currently have in the buggy(stock).

There are so many out there I just don't know where to start. I would appreciate if someone would guide me to an affordable, reliable and fast engine.

Thanks.

OS makes decent engines for the price.

Thanks for the reply dude....... A friend of mine told me of GO engines, have you ever heard of them?

Werks b5, OS V-Spec(have it in my truggy, crazy powerful for the price), I have heard GO is decent, one of my friends had one, it lasted a while, had decent power, but it was a modded engine, so I can't give a straight answer about that one

I read a lot of good things about the Werks B5/6 engines. I think I'll go with them when time comes for a new engine. Is it possible to fit a pullstarter to these engines or do I have to get a starter box?

In my opinion os gives you good bang for your buck I've been using them from back in the 70s. Planes, boats, and cars can't really say i have ever been disappointed.:p:

I read a lot of good things about the Werks B5/6 engines. I think I'll go with them when time comes for a new engine. Is it possible to fit a pullstarter to these engines or do I have to get a starter box?

as far as i know they are just bump start