AE rear wheel redesign

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TAC

RCTalk Talkaholic
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
Associated realized ther poor wheel design, and after recieving many complaints they redesigned the rear wheel. They added more material. I recieved my replacements just in time for raceday. Ill let you know if one strips tomorrow at thep race.

What, are they stripping the hex's out or something? I've been through 4 slash rims because of that...

The associated wheel doesn't use a hex. It juses the drive pin. The old wheels were stripping the wheel, letting the pin spin free. Now the redesign adds more material to prevent the pin from spinning inside the stripped wheel.

Oh ok I gotcha.

Nice ok so I will call AE for new wheels did they throw in glue tires too?

Yes they sent me a glued set. I'm not a huge fan of their tires, but they sent them preglued.

me too! though the stock tires suck, but that's nothing a dremel won't fix.

Yeah, I ended up getting j concepts Rulux rims which works great, but if AE sends out new tires that would be nice.

I ended up putting a set of Proline Split Sixes on my SC10 which runs a VXL combo with 2s lipo. The little bit of extra weight over the back wheels seems to help in handling on loose dirt.All I have done is tighten the slipper clutch all the way up and back it off 1/8 of a turn.

I went to lhs picked up the newly desinged ones and mounted sc bowties hooks up great except for in the grass.A littel loctite and new wheels no promblems.

So how do you know if you have the new wheels or not on the sc10?:confused: and what number did you call to get the new updated ones?

You probabaly dont have them on your sc10 but your local hobby store or internet store has the new version.They are much beefier around the pin I have seen a picture of the tow side by side on the internet some where?Try googleing sc10 wheels and click on images you should be abel to see it on there.Hope this helps.

Haven't stripped out the new ones yet with a 10.5. Toasted about 4 sets with a 13.5 before the redesign. I also swapped in some Losi drive pins aas they are longer and engage the slot more fully.

I turned my stock tires into slicks for racing on clay and they work awesome!!!

I also went to the losi drive pins but I am also running stadium truck tires and wheels and havent had a prob....

I'm just curious when AE may have began putting these "redesigned" wheels in the Kits and RTR's?
I just picked up a new SC10 (was also a fresh shipment to the LHS too) a couple of weeks ago and am wondering if I've got the beef ones or not...
Anyone happen to have the news?

hmmm, I'll have to look into the Losi drive pins too. Anyone have a part number? For the Strike, or are the Losi pins common to all of their 1/10 scale lines, or what?

Unfortunatly I'm on my phone, so i can't add pics, but the easiest way to describe new and old (although it may sound corny) is the hole are. between the pins will either be open like a slice of pizza (old), or have more material and the hole will look like just the crust (new design)
Hope that helped.

Unfortunatly I'm on my phone, so i can't add pics, but the easiest way to describe new and old (although it may sound corny) is the hole are. between the pins will either be open like a slice of pizza (old), or have more material and the hole will look like just the crust (new design)
Hope that helped.

I'm pickin' up what you're layin' down.

Just checked, mine are crusty, pizza is filled in, I'm solid! Also have some spare stockers too and they are new design as well (if I'm understanding you correctly anyway).
Thanks for the explanation.

I will have to check mine..I think Mine might be the old the design where is is cut out...:eek:..also I had some venom creeper crawler pins here and they fit in my Sc10 also they are a tad bigger then the stockers..

Back