Advise with 1.5 mod

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aaronass

RCTalk Basher
Reaction score
I’m looking at the 1.5 mod for xmaxx. With the stock motor. Will 20/35 b ok. Not sure honestly. I think it will b ok just trying to get some advice. Ear plug center diff and 50 front 30 rear. I appreciate any advise

I’m looking at the 1.5 mod for xmaxx. With the stock motor. Will 20/35 b ok. Not sure honestly. I think it will b ok just trying to get some advice. Ear plug center diff and 50 front 30 rear. I appreciate any advise
Why do you want to put mod 1.5 gears on it? Its not really necessary

Well the output gear and gear on center diff is pitted cause there was rust in there. So I gotta change them and figured while I had it open would do the larger gears. I was under the assumption that larger teeth will help with stripping gears and a beefier motor.
Correction. It’s the transmission input gear that’s pitted. Doesn’t mesh good. Feels like something in the teeth. Lol
Output gear in the one on center diff. Both r fiddlesticked from rust

Last edited:
But I’ll just stick to mod1 for now.

IMG_5982.png

If your gears rust it wont matter if theyre mod 1 or mod 1.5. Not saying theres anything wrong with changing to mod 1.5 but it just more pinions you have to buy and 1.5s are usually more expensive than 1s so unless theres a reason to change or you just want to, I probably wouldnt. :2cents:

If your gears rust it wont matter if theyre mod 1 or mod 1.5. Not saying theres anything wrong with changing to mod 1.5 but it just more pinions you have to buy and 1.5s are usually more expensive than 1s so unless theres a reason to change or you just want to, I probably wouldnt. :2cents:
Great fiddlesticking point and that’s y I didn’t. Lol. Don’t need no more pinions. Lol. Thanks bro
Oh btw I think they rusted from neglect. Looked like this truck was never serviced. I took some beating out and they were blew apart no seals or grease batleast the ball bearings were still there

Back