Advice needed.

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

robriguez

Hardcore RCTalk User
Reaction score
OK so long story short, some of the guys at the LHS got together today for a buggy bash at a local park. LHS owner guy included. They were laeving in 10 min and I needed tires. LHS guy gave me a good deal on a set of wheels tires and some quick drying CA. Run home, glue the tires, grab the buggy and bashing accoutrement, haul ass down to the park. Get setup and check the glue job. Everything nice and secure...all glue dry...LETS BASH!!!

But, wheels dont fit. Wheel hubs dont fit through center hole. Grrrr. Ask LHS guy (who just sold these to me 45 in ago) and he says, "They should fit fine. I run those on my Kanai. Maybe because you have the Sport you have 19mm hubs instead of the 17mm. Just ream out the center hole and you'll be fine." And walked away. Actually he left a few min later.

SO I got the body reemer out and made the center hole bigger. OK now it fits over the hub but guess what...the hex nut on the wheel is much much bigger than the hex nut on my wheel hub. WTF????

One of the guys let me use his wheels off his Truggy so I was still able to run but now I have a Glued set of wheels I can do nothing with. can't even sell them on ebay cause one of the center holes hasbeen reemed out. Looked for the part number on Tower and found this:
http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/WTI0095P?FVSEARCH=bsw80kg&FVPROFIL=++

Read the bottom: "Comments: These will not work in the MP 7.5 Series."

SO, what should I do? Maybe it was an honest mistake. Should I go and bitch out the LHS guy and demand some new wheels and tires. I dont wanna seem like a peepee but I'm out $60.

I would go back to the LHS and tell them what happened and you would either like your cash back or some type of store credit. Any chance you go get bigger hubs so you can use them?

I'd take the wheels and packing back (if you still have it), and tell the fellow that sold you the bill of goods...that he needs to make it right. If they value your patronage, they will. If not, dump at least a pair of them on e-Bay and eat the other pair as a loss. AND of course be wiser for the encounter...