Advice needed about a engine

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Skippy64

RC Newbie
Reaction score
Hi guys, I have a problem with my Ofna Mutilator I burned the engine and I want to buy a new one, but I can’t find any place to buy it cause the engine is no longer for sale, has been descontinued and my question is, what engine do you guys recommend me to buy instead of the ofna 32 force is no longer sells anymore.
Thanks for your time guys and your advice.

Novarossi is a good engine, I use 21 in my Buggys they blisteringly quick,
I haven’t run my Nitro for quite some time there in storage I have one buggy with a Picco turbo 28, it starts easily, Tunes easily, idles well, takes a good thrashing I’ve used it in my Savage 25 too, it pops wheelies at any speed. It’s amazingly Torque’y, but I’ve no idea what’s around these days I heard LRP can be Difficult :/ if you can’t find a picco 28 is go with the Novarossi 28 they’re both good I doubt you’ll be disappointed with either .
just remember , you buy cheap you buy twice. Run too lean you’ll be replacing too soon .

Hi guys, I have a problem with my Ofna Mutilator I burned the engine and I want to buy a new one, but I can’t find any place to buy it cause the engine is no longer for sale, has been descontinued and my question is, what engine do you guys recommend me to buy instead of the ofna 32 force is no longer sells anymore.
Thanks for your time guys and your advice.
i would recommend buying any engine that fits it or by a vx-18 purple engine

I too have an ofna mutilator with the .32 and to be honest with how hard it is these days to find parts I wouldn't spend a ton of money on a replacement engine. A dynamite .28 with pullstart is 105 bucks. Not a bad deal.

I don’t really know about that car, i still personally would buy a Good engine, Hopefully later In Life might be able to buy a Piston and Liner for it rather than dump it and buy another .
I like fixing things ;) I gotta get them spanners dirty . You could always use the engine for something else.

I too have an ofna mutilator with the .32 and to be honest with how hard it is these days to find parts I wouldn't spend a ton of money on a replacement engine. A dynamite .28 with pullstart is 105 bucks. Not a bad deal.
Well believe me I try everywhere snd didnt find parts and I'm thinking sold as it is with out the engine, maybe someone need for parts. And thank you for your advice.

The Dynamite as mentioned is a great engine, I believe they are made by SH, which are also really good. I have both, and they have been strong performers and easy to tune. LRP makes a .32 if you're looking to keep that displacement. From what the specs and people say, it has ungodly power.

The Dynamite as mentioned is a great engine, I believe they are made by SH, which are also really good. I have both, and they have been strong performers and easy to tune. LRP makes a .32 if you're looking to keep that displacement. From what the specs and people say, it has ungodly power.
just be aware with the newer LRP engines, they have more recently moved to another manufacture location, and have since lost a bit of quality control.
on new engines, it has become pretty common for burrs and metal shavings to be present in the piston and sleeve from machine work.
they are still high quality pieces, but many have needed to be cleaned up after receipt of the engine, by either tearing it apart and cleaning it up, or sending it off to someone to do the work for you.

Good to know about the LRP engines, I have been thinking of getting one, will be sure to break it down before running.