Advice needed about a engine

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Register Log in

Skippy64

RC Newbie
Hi guys, I have a problem with my Ofna Mutilator I burned the engine and I want to buy a new one, but I can’t find any place to buy it cause the engine is no longer for sale, has been descontinued and my question is, what engine do you guys recommend me to buy instead of the ofna 32 force is no longer sells anymore.
Thanks for your time guys and your advice.

Arrmajunk

RCNT Member
Novarossi is a good engine, I use 21 in my Buggys they blisteringly quick,
I haven’t run my Nitro for quite some time there in storage I have one buggy with a Picco turbo 28, it starts easily, Tunes easily, idles well, takes a good thrashing I’ve used it in my Savage 25 too, it pops wheelies at any speed. It’s amazingly Torque’y, but I’ve no idea what’s around these days I heard LRP can be Difficult :/ if you can’t find a picco 28 is go with the Novarossi 28 they’re both good I doubt you’ll be disappointed with either .
just remember , you buy cheap you buy twice. Run too lean you’ll be replacing too soon .

Nitro power

RC Newbie
Hi guys, I have a problem with my Ofna Mutilator I burned the engine and I want to buy a new one, but I can’t find any place to buy it cause the engine is no longer for sale, has been descontinued and my question is, what engine do you guys recommend me to buy instead of the ofna 32 force is no longer sells anymore.
Thanks for your time guys and your advice.
i would recommend buying any engine that fits it or by a vx-18 purple engine

Hpi nitro junkie

RC Newbie
I too have an ofna mutilator with the .32 and to be honest with how hard it is these days to find parts I wouldn't spend a ton of money on a replacement engine. A dynamite .28 with pullstart is 105 bucks. Not a bad deal.

Arrmajunk

RCNT Member
I don’t really know about that car, i still personally would buy a Good engine, Hopefully later In Life might be able to buy a Piston and Liner for it rather than dump it and buy another .
I like fixing things ;) I gotta get them spanners dirty . You could always use the engine for something else.

Skippy64

RC Newbie
I too have an ofna mutilator with the .32 and to be honest with how hard it is these days to find parts I wouldn't spend a ton of money on a replacement engine. A dynamite .28 with pullstart is 105 bucks. Not a bad deal.
Well believe me I try everywhere snd didnt find parts and I'm thinking sold as it is with out the engine, maybe someone need for parts. And thank you for your advice.