adjusting Turnbuckles

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Freddybnj_2004

RCTalk Basher
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
I have my maxx running great except for the braking and the toe out in the front tires.. I read several posts that stated I should adjust toe in/out through the turnbuckle... but I don't know how it is a piece of metal? Where and How would I adjust it? Thanks.. Also Is it possible to need new brakes after only running my maxx like 15 times.... no long runs.... I just can't brake.. Thanks..

Turnbuckles are threaded differently on each end (one end left-handed, one end right-handed) By turning the turnbuckle (while mounted on the truck), one way will pull the ends closer together (increasing toe-out) and the other way increases toe-in.

- bomber

okay I am doing it.. was a little afraid at first but after the first click.. it started moving.. I just didn't want to break something else... Thanks alot..
p.s. Anyone have an idea about my brake... sucks going full throttle with no brakes.... lol... Thanks.

do you have a picture of your current brake linkage setup? I'm sure you just need a little adjustment, not a replacement.

- bomber

problem uploading pics

No matter what I do with the pics it says i'm over the limit...
I tried zipping but it was still too big????
Do you guys save as jpeg?

The pics are in the gallery.

what do you run your truck through?? have you ever spilled something on the pad itself?? it kinda looks like it has something soaked up in it. go by you lhs and pick up some nitro cleaner!! another thing to try is (after youvee cleaned it) take off the little metal pads that the disc is squeesed between and use some steel wool or something to ruff them up a little.

Okay. well I broke down (not the truck but me) and I went to my lhs.. and they are just upgrading the brakes for me.. I would do it but I have some errands to run and I want to get some bashing time in before it gets dark.... but thanks for everyone's help...

Back