Rc10b6.4 reedy 610r can’t stop!

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

skurtreynolds

RCTalk Member
Reaction score
Finished up my build last night and got some batteries in the buggy for the first time and got no brakes!

I’m running a Reedy 610R. Can’t figure out how to set up the brakes. Do I need the ESC programmer?

Finished build photo for fun.

0AF39B8A-5E36-4589-9BAD-E0F15155A5D6.jpeg

Yea you would probably need the esc programmer, and check the running mode. It should either be in fwd/brk/rev or fwd/brk (no reverse, AKA race mode) I would also take a look at the brake force. On my 4 wheel, I am running around 64% brake force (with a XR10 Pro Legacy ESC) Brake force is personal preference and how much brakes you want.

I failed to calibrate the ESC. Just did it after rereading the manual. Can’t believe I forgot that!

I’ll go get the programmer at the track pro shop anyway. Sounds like a good thing to have.

Yea always a good thing to calibrate. I recalibrate my ESC about every race night just in case. But most of the time I don't have too. 👍😎
Always good to have a programmer on hand. I try to stick with one brand so I don't have to get multiple program cards. Currently I got 2 cards. One Hobbywing for 3 cars and 1 surpass hobby card for the last one.
I think with most ESCs today, you can program via the set button and tones and lights, but it's too hard for me so a program card, phone app, or laptop app is better.

Yea always a good thing to calibrate. I recalibrate my ESC about every race night just in case. But most of the time I don't have too. 👍😎
Always good to have a programmer on hand. I try to stick with one brand so I don't have to get multiple program cards. Currently I got 2 cards. One Hobbywing for 3 cars and 1 surpass hobby card for the last one.
I think with most ESCs today, you can program via the set button and tones and lights, but it's too hard for me so a program card, phone app, or laptop app is better.
For my castle stuff in my crawler I got the Bluetooth module because it’s such a pain to pull the stuff out of the electronics box to hook up to. Very handy.

I got my spektrum one but tbh I haven’t had a need to change anything on the infraction yet since it’s just been bashing. If I go back to top speed project I’ll probably give it a go.

For the track buggy I’ll probably just go with the programmer. Idk if I’d want to lug my laptop to the track on top of my other gear.

For the track buggy I’ll probably just go with the programmer. Idk if I’d want to lug my laptop to the track on top of my other gear.
Agreed. I just bring my 2 cards and that's it. I'll use the laptop at home to update firmware on the ESCs or actual program cards. If every brand had a Bluetooth programmer and a phone app that would be the most best.

When I got my programmer card, it was on a whim. “Eh, I’ll probably never use this, but it’ll be nice to have… and hey, it’s only $30!”

God am I so glad that I picked that thing up. It has made my life a lot easier!

Personally, I’m a fan of the cards. They’re simple, durable, don’t require a battery (at least my Hobbywing doesn’t), won’t ever become obsolete before the ESC becomes obsolete… I’m wary of the Bluetooth / smartphone app situation, myself. The more simple the system, the fewer things that can go wrong.

Your car looks absolutely gorgeous, and I hope you had a blast running it!

Back