Adjusting the wheels for the Slash

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hyster

RCTalk Addict
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
My Trucks front wheels turn in slightly at the top. From what the manual says, is to adjust the turnbuckles using the tools that came with the kit. Anyone with experience have some tips?

here's a pic
View attachment 6753

sorry it's a bit blury I did it with my phone.

Last edited:
Yes you use the turnbuckles to adjust the camber on the slash. On the track we run -2 degrees front and rear.

So it is better to keep them in at -1 like it did stock and not straight?

Dialing in some negative camber increases traction when cornering, but decreases maximum traction when moving straight forward.

Dialing in some negative camber increases traction when cornering, but decreases maximum traction when moving straight forward.

Hmm... if that is the case then I will probably keep it like it is. Thanks for the information. ;)

I thought they were supposed to look like that for the scale apearance.

i keep my chamber at 0º to reduce tire wear.

If you never turn you'll be fine, but you'll achieve much better handling with 1 to 2 degrees of negative camber. I run 2 degrees for bashing and the track and have seen very good even wear on the stock tires.

The negative camber is a small issue, but not as much as the severe Toe-out. It gets worse with suspension compression.

Negative camber will make it corner better, but reduce stability at higher speeds.

I'd add some toe-in to the front and make the wheels point a little straighter......

Last edited by a moderator:
Back