Add oil to Kyosho Red Shocks

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pug

RCTalk Addict
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
  3. Crawling
Should I add oil to lubricate them? I know it will leak but should I still do it?

Kyosho reds are oil shocks. There will be very thin seals under the caps around the threaded part of the shock body.

Get some shock lube like Green Slime or Losi shock o-ring grease and put on the o-rings in the lower end around the shaft.

Kyosho reds are oil shocks. There will be very thin seals under the caps around the threaded part of the shock body.

Get some shock lube like Green Slime or Losi shock o-ring grease and put on the o-rings in the lower end around the shaft.
These are vintage reds, i currently don’t have any shock lube right now. :(

These are vintage reds, i currently don’t have any shock lube right now. :(
The vintage reds are oil shocks. They are anodized aluminum right? There are o-rings around the shaft in the lower cap to seal the oil in. If you run them without oil, you are going to wear those o-rings out.

The vintage reds are oil shocks. They are anodized aluminum right? There are o-rings around the shaft in the lower cap to seal the oil in. If you run them without oil, you are going to wear those o-rings out.
Nope, plastic, i am putting oil in them to see what happens.

These shocks?
20210712_160748.jpg

Oh. Well, you can put a little grease in there.

2014 re-release. But even the 1986 model had these shocks on it.

Well, you can put a little grease in there if you want. So they are air shocks?

Oh wait, those are oil shocks I think. Are there o-rings in the bottom of the shock body cap?

Well, you can put a little grease in there if you want. So they are air shocks?
Yeah, i am testing the oil, though.
IT ACTUALLY WORKED!! It literally fixed my shock. It used to not rebound, but it now is!

Last edited:
Yeah, i am testing the oil, though.
IT ACTUALLY WORKED!! It literally fixed my shock. It used to not rebound, but it now is!
Yea my kyosho pro X shocks are oil filled. Need oil in shocks for damping and lubrication.. If the shaft get really dry with no oil the springs will have a hard time rebounding.. but they also use a different oil thickness scale. Then the USA oil wt. Scale.. I run. 30wt in my Pro X...
16342624959332627868812793840534.jpg