Active Duty members roll call

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I know we are missing some of you, so check in here!

Make an introduction, tell us a bit about your Service if you'd like, then I can also make sure you have your View attachment 76269 tag added to your profile!

We thank you all for your sacrifices and service.

Veterans please check in here.
19 years active duty Navy. I'm a nuclear trained Machinist's Mate stationed aboard the USS CARL VINSON. I'm considering bringing my factory sealed HPI Mini Nitro RS4 along to build it for something to do in my down time. I spent 6.5 years on the USS NIMITZ and 4.5 years in the USS GEORGE WASHINGTON. I've been stationed in San Diego, Japan, Virginia, and Washington State at Bangor Sub Base. I'm very much looking forward to retiring in a year.

Attachments

• 20191208_122919.jpg
    20191208_122919.jpg
    243.9 KB · Views: 57
Last edited:
Active duty Navy, E-5, Master at Arms, 11 years.

Kings Bay, GA 2010-2014
Naval Station Norfolk Base Police: 2014-2017
Manama, Bahrain Harbor Patrol Unit: 2017-2019
USS Dwight D. Eisenhower (CVN69): 2019-Present)

Will be transferring back to Naval Station Norfolk in January, and will end my Active Duty contract.

My favorite duty station has been CVN69. I brought her out of the ship yards and we are wrapping up our second deployment. Last years deployment was record breaking (206 days at sea without a port visit, and 4 steel beach picnics), thanks COVID. This deployment ends in a couple days, and luckily, we were able to have 3 port visits. (Pier liberty; Souda Bay, Greece; Duqm, Oman x2) I was able to get my ESWS and EAWS pins, Shellback, work with EOD, and fly in a Helo for a day. Overall, the ship life is unique, and for those of us that have been able to live at sea for months at a time, its going to be bitter sweet knowing that we're going back to the yards and I will never experience sea life again. The views are endless.

THANK YOU FOR TO ALL FOR YOUR SERVICE AND SACRIFICE!!!! My uncle was a firemen at air force Grissom AFB Indiana and my little brother is air force intelligence now at pentagon. That's all I know about him LOL 🇺🇲🇺🇸

So I'm not classed as active service yet, but passed my British Army Selection with Grade A on Sept 14th, waiting for the OK from Occupational Health regarding a previous surgery before I know if I'll be attested and passed into training... 🤞

OK so I passed all my British Army selection got a Grade A pass.
I've been attested, taken my oath, signed the Official Secrets Act and am now officially part of the British Army.
I've joined the Royal Electrical and Mechanical Engineers as a Recovery Mechanic.
Looking forward the what the future brings, even though I'm Reserve atm, I am going to do as much as I can to serve my Country and get out and deploy as soon as I can.
Thank you for my badge @WoodiE, proud to have it displayed next to my name!!!

REME_cap_badge.png

Back