A small point of pride...

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Edfrombama

RCTalk Basher
Reaction score
Good morning to all-
So this slightly foggy morning I had my little blue P-51 Mustang out doing some low aerobatics over the flying field.
It was time to bring her in for a landing so I did the down wind and the base turn and then the final approach, but no doubt about it, I was coming in too hot and too far to the right of the landing road. Pretty much without thinking about what I was doing, I side-slipped to the left which killed a lot of the speed and then I brought the plane in, and folks, if I had that plane in my hand and set it down on the ground, it could not have been a smoother, easier landing.
The little plane rolled along the roadway and stopped at my feet. I can't do it any better than that landing, I'll tell you.

Of course, the next time I fly I may nose-in everything I send up, but I sure felt good about this landing.

you all be safe and keep well- Ed

Sounds like another fun day of flying. The P-51 is my favorite prop powered plane of all time. I have always admired that design, ever since I first saw one in the Tower Hobbies catalog. Got any pics of yours?