A sad day for RCRevolution.com

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FastEddy

The Slowest Guy In Town
Supporter
RCTalk Vendor
Reaction score
I just got this e-mail from www.rcrevolution.com
This is a sad thing, They had some great information and I learned a lot from this forum. Who knows exactly what the real situation was but I'm sad to see them go out like this.

I hope they can get it together and get back online.
If there is anything I / we can do to help please let me know.

-FastEddy

To all members, sponsors, and anyone involved with RCRevolution.com:

This is Diffgrinder from OTB Technology, and I am writing this to inform the members of RCRevolution.com of potential changes to site. Before the rumors start flying, there is a situation that needs to be addressed:

Since the beginning of RCRevolution.com, I have spent thousands of dollars on web development, applications, server space, and everything else involved with bringing this site to life. I was the one funding the efforts of the other people involved in the creation and administration of RCRevolution.com, but I did not handle any set up. As a result, I did not have any access to where the money was spent and there were no control features to keep track of anything. I left that to the professionals involved in the project with me.

When OTB recently had a run of bad luck, I came forward and told the truth so as no one was waiting for something that may never have happened. After that, I was concerned about RCRevolution.com and wanted to protect it for the future. The RCRevolution.com domain name, and server that the site is hosted from are in my name. To ensure that the web site could survive, I wanted to transfer ownership of the domain and control of the server space to a member of my family.

When I asked my partners for the information to be transferred, they informed me that there was no need; it was already owned by someone else and controlled by others. I was told that although I supported the financial end of the site, I did not own anything. I was very upset that the last thing I had to look forward to in the future had also been taken away. After spending all my remaining money building RCRevolution.com, I was told I didn't own it and left for dead.

Which brings us to today:

I recently did a little research on what my options were. I discovered that since the site originally started on OTBTECH.com, and was transferred over and re-named RCRevolution.com, I was still the administrative contact for the RCRevolution domain and server space. A few days ago, I legally re-gained rightful control and protected this site for all of you.

My intentions were never to harm the two other partners in this site. I merely wanted to ensure that the remnants of my life savings were not stolen from me. I quickly contacted both partners and offered a simple plan to split ownership and responsibility of the entire site 33.33% to all three involved. The plan did not suggest any changes to the site or the way things were being done. I only asked for a detailed account of financial and administrative information, and that all of the 'business' aspects of RCRevolution.com should be well documented in the future and available for any of the three partners to see at any time.

I don't discount the involvement of my partners in RCRevolution.com. While I put a significant amount of money into this site, they put an unbelievable amount of time and effort into it as well. The offer I proposed was that all three of us would have equal share, and that things would go on as though nothing happened. Basically, although I owned it all legally, I was willing to give up 66.66% and still continue to fund the site. The other parties involved thought that was not a fare deal. Apparently, they thought all the money I spent meant nothing, and RCRevolution.com should be theirs because of the time they put in.

It has become clear to me that they were waiting for me to fall into a crack somewhere, and were waiting until the RCRevolution.com domain registration expired. At that point, they would register the domain and control it, figuring I would have already given up and moved on.

Well that isn't the case.

I have a lot of pride in this site, just as much as they did. The offer I made was a fare and just way to go about the situation. All along, I had been told the most important thing was "keeping this place for the members" when in all actuality it now looks like it was "who can own the most."

RCRevolution.com was just about ready to go on its own and start supporting the cost of operation. As a result, a PayPal account had been established for RCRevolution.com. Unfortunately, I was un-aware of the PayPal account even as the registered owner of the site it was signed up under. Although the account was in someone else's name and controlled by someone else, it is owned by RCRevolution.com. This could have been a serious problem for me as I was the only one documented as the owner of the site. Any money made off RCRevolution was going into an account set up for this site, but the money was managed by someone else that did not share the information with me that it existed. Once this site graduated from being non-profit and actually made money, those profits would need to be claimed, and any taxes would need to be paid. Since I am listed as the owner of the site, I could have been responsible for debts, in addition to any penalties and fines.

My partners and I have not been able to agree on the fare way of splitting the rights of RCRevolution.com among all involved equally. They have changed their views on saving this site for the members and have put on a frontal attack to destroy it. I guess the members were not the most important thing; it was the control and money.

I have been told that they are going to talk to all the sponsors and destroy my name, remove the chat room that was donated to the site by a member, and remove the homepage updating system donated by Wild Hobbies. I have been told I will be given no "contacts" and no "information" that is vital to keep things running with the sponsors and Bonanza Giveaway. There have already been several new members that are causing carnage on the site and their IP addresses suspiciously match other member names involved.

So I want to say "thank you" to everyone involved up till now. If you choose to move on, it's unfortunate, but I understand. I will still keep the site up and running even without the sponsors if they leave. For me, it wasn't about the money; I still just want to have it here for the members.

So if any existing or potential site sponsors are still interested in still being a part of RCRevolution.com, you can contact [email protected] for more information. If you NO LONGER want to be involved you can also contact [email protected] so we can accommodate you.

I thank everyone for their support, the site will still be here if you want it.

Thank You,
Ben Nighswander
RCRevolution

IMPORTANT NOTE: You may or may not know that RCRevolution.com had been preparing a T-shirt giveaway. I certainly did not know of any plans, nor did I know anything about the money being invested in the T-shirt promotion. Unfortunately, I was told by my former partners in RCRevolution.com that I would be given NO INFORMATION to follow through with the T-shirt Giveaway. Although I have since found some information on the sponsors, I do not have control of the money donated, as it was collected unbeknownst to me for a promotion I had no clue was being prepared. Those who were so generous in sponsoring this I THANK YOU, but you will need to contact the individuals you dealt with directly to get your money back.

Records that have recently surfaced show RCRevolution.com was going to make $629.00 on the shirts, plus a profit on the shipping. All this time I have been paying the bills on the site and un-aware RCRevolution.com had a PayPal account registered in order to profit from it's promotions. Some things I will never know, but some I have learnt very well.

Interesting story, Its amazing how people get. I guess we would have to hear all sides of the story. It just seems like Power and greed were the culprits here. How much money could have the site have been making for everyone to freak out that way?

sLY

Probably more than diffgrinder will ever know. It's sad that someone does stuff for the members just because it's cool, and then gets the shaft like that. Thanks for funding all this, but screw you if you want to know how much we made. And starting a paypal account under false information/pretenses is a crime. Diffgrinder is totally correct in being pissed at this. Those bozos could rip people off and then leave him holding the bag. That sucks. Who are those other two guys?

Wow, that is a shame. Rc-solutions donated a tmaxx roll cage for a drawing last summer, and had just donated for the t-shirt giveaway. I have talked to Jason there many times, and he seemed like a good guy, and seemed to me to be doing a good job running the show. The site looked great, and was obviuosly the result of talent and effort all around. But I seriously doubt there were huge profits being made. It is too bad that things turned out like this, but it is a good lesson. Partnerships often end bad, especially with friends.

I never knew Diffgrinder was involved. I guess any time something gets big and starts making money people loose good judgement. I hope it's resolved but it looks like another maxxtraxx. Oh well I like it here anyways!:write:

Can someone sum the thing up? I read to the point where you found he didn't own the site...some poop.

It's too long, and I have a headache.

What I got out of it was tat diffgrinder funded the whole thing, thought he owned and controlled the rites to the site, but found out later that some actions were taken by the other partners and he wasn't consulted, but was legally responsible for, and was then told that he could kiss off if he didn't like it.

See also; Raw deal, screwed, and thrown under the bus.

No one will ever know what really took place.
I'm sad to see all the valuable information lost to the world.

If the information is still out there I hope its resurrected or integrated into another forum.

Yes it is sad. But if you are funding something and you are resposible for it, you shouldn't let it get so far out of your control that other people who actually run it day-to-day come to believe that it is theirs. Eddy is right, we will probably never know everything, and hopefully it is not a total loss.

Hey Eddy, I was hoping to see you at the Hobby Visions show in Vegas! How was the west coast bash?

I say congratulations to Ben for standing by a belief and an idea. His shallow two-faced partners can go take a flying forward only conversion.

All thie membrs should come here, we will make shirts. WoodiE needs money for lap dances and 40's again.

Back