A Proposition to Help the Site

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Monkey Wrench

My last words will likely be, Crap that didn't wo
Supporter
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
Gold Members and those that have been around awhile know that Woodie and Fast Eddy are financially responsible for keeping this wonderful site alive. Additionally, the moderators volunteer a considerable amount of time maintaining the site and probably have to hold their virtual tongue more often than they would like to (except when Candyman decides to share his man-thong stories!)

I've been doing my best to go through all of my R/C stuff that I've accumulated through the years to organize it, label it and the like and I am finding a plethora of parts that I no longer need from rigs I no longer even own. I venture a guess that there are others in the same boat and may figure it's not worth the hassle of posting and selling and the like.

My proposition to anyone willing is to somehow organize a virtual garage sale with the proceeds going to the site to assist Woodie and Fast Eddy in paying hosting fees and the like. I'd probably need suggestions on the best way to do this rather than having everyone individually post their items so that it won't be as tedious for buyers to search.

I'm not implying that anyone should sell something they personally could make money on simply to help the site. Trust me, I've got a couple Hyper-7 buggies I'm going to post for sale but I have that money earmarked for something else, but I'm finding various parts that I'm sure someone else might need that I'm not necessarily looking to recoup any money from.

Want to throw this out and see what everyone's thoughts might be. Doesn't necessarily even need to be R/C stuff either. Just thinking it may be a good way to clean out our work spaces and help the site at the same time.

This has been done before using ebay as the selling vehicle to reach more buyers. Everyone posted the links to the items they were selling. It wasn't just for RC stuff either.

maybe have another forum link for specific stuff for sale that goes directly to the site.. Then the payment could just be paypaled to the site or money order sent that way. Then woody or eddie (Whoevers in charge of that part) could notify the seller when the payment was recieved, so they can send out the item. Just a idea.

I think this is a good idea. I am currently working a very similar project...that will be for profit...but the script and advertising model is the same.

There is software available to do this quite nicely...without using ebay. I realize ebay has the traffic....but there are ways to drive traffic...and have the transactions take place in a way to get the $$$ to RCNT directly for those sales....and or a commission on the sales going to RCNT, so folks can earn some cash at the same time.

Anyway, if anyone is interested PM me for details.

Talon

WoodiE is the one with deep pockets. I only put my hands in them to see what I can find. :D

I am all in. I have some stuff I no longer use as well. Nothing too big, but NIP and worth a few bucks here and there.

I wanna support RCNT as much as I possibly can.

Back